Sign in to follow this  
Cereal

Jailbreak suggestion: CT ban for newer players

Although I've seen this been suggested many times on the Jailbreak suggestion board (Mainly by DannyS), I feel like it needs a thread to itself. I think the idea of giving newer players, who've never played before a limit before they play on T would:

1. Give people a better feel for the gamemode as a whole, from an easier to understand perspective.

CT can be a very difficult to understand when you first join the game. Where are the cells? What do you do as a warden? Who can I shoot? What are all these weapons? What gun should I get?

As a T it is much easier for people to understand the premise of the gamemode, and how to play.

2. Allow people to be welcomed more positively on the server.

Countless times I've seen players on the server being harassed and attacked on CT when they start playing JB. Even if you're not freekilling or gun-planting, Jailbreak's rules can be confusing to begin with, and people often try to take control of Ts when they're not warden, and bait. This makes people understandably angry and toxic towards these players, and this could make them leave the server and not come back. They will know not to do this when they're on T, and see how other CTs act, and maybe come back to the server, creating more regulars.

3. Reduce freekilling/baiting/gunplanting

If you've never seen jailbreak before, and joined by absolute chance then the obvious thing to do, when seeing a large group of enemies is to start spraying them down, as you would in in matchmaking, or most other CSGO game modes. As I said previously when a player starts as T, there is very little they can do to break the rules and destroy a round, because they don't know what's happening. After a short period of time, they'll either decide they don't like the gamemode, or continue playing as it should be played.

4. Get players on other servers to understand the differences

Regrettably, I've played on a few other Jailbreak servers, and they are quite a bit different to ours. Most of them are much stricter, and practise commands like AFK freeze. I think players transitioning to our server needs to know how OB is different to their server. The amount of people who try to say AFK freeze, or don't use warning shots can be pretty frustrating.

Conclusion

To summarise I think that a ban on newer players for maybe 30minutes, or so would improve the server greatly! :D

I'm sorry that I have not given a plugin, as I could not find one, but I've seen it on other servers, so there will be one out there somewhere.

Its an overall nice idea, but at the same time think of how much work and how difficult it would become for mods and admins.

They'll have to be constantly on the lookout for new players and ban then from ct. Its a nice idea it should just be executed in a

better manner. Like needing a set amount of hours on T before playing as a CT, but for something like that we need plugings

which, don't exist, atleast to my knowledge. So overall a nc idea, poor execution but hey everything is fixable ain't it.

As we said before, with a suggestion it's really good if you could link us with a plugin that we could implement.

Secondly, it's not always straight forward to identify those who are new to jailbreak. Because in a lot of cases, the player might be new to our server but they're not new to jailbreak and so therefore are aware of what to do and the essential 'universal' rules to the game mode. Essentially, I think it's too much of a complex issue to be able to judge if someone is new (unless using human judgment) but if you find an effective plugin yourself.... then do link it.

edit: It is widely encouraged anyway for new players to join the T side. But I honestly feel a plugin to actually ban them is too flawed. Another example would be if you were on a new account (for whatever reason).

I don't think this would ever really be needed. The new players that aren't trolls and are actually interested in jailbreak normally ask others what to do and most respond by telling them to join T and learn from the current CT's.

Sometimes when it was late at night I would go on CT sort of allow both of us to give commands. I would normally only change bad commands or commands that put CT's in danger. This in my opinion is the best way to help people learn CT, nothing beats experience and it is much easier to learn with somebody experienced guiding you.