Sign in to follow this  
AlmightyJosh

Hearthstone

I played hearthstone for the first 2 years and stopped somewhere before champion expansion came.

I simply couldn't keep up with farming gold to get cards and I got bored.

Now it's impossible to get back in unless you want to edge on the first 10 ranks.

Skillershark#2198

Although it can be a bit pay to win, I've still had loads of fun on this game and played it for quite a while now. Can't wait until the next expansion when I can start making some C'thun decks :D. I used to play paladin a fair bit, midrange and control, but now I've sort of moved away from that and moved into some control decks that player bigger minions, like handlock and control warrior, but I've also played a bit of freeze mage. I even have a "midrange" (cancer) hunter deck every time I've got a small losing streak and I wanna just go rush somebody down.

Skillershark#2198

Although it can be a bit pay to win, I've still had loads of fun on this game and played it for quite a while now. Can't wait until the next expansion when I can start making some C'thun decks :D. I used to play paladin a fair bit, midrange and control, but now I've sort of moved away from that and moved into some control decks that player bigger minions, like handlock and control warrior, but I've also played a bit of freeze mage. I even have a "midrange" (cancer) hunter deck every time I've got a small losing streak and I wanna just go rush somebody down.

midrange isn't cancer bro

unless something has changed

face hunter was the cancer for the longest of times before it became secret paladin

I do enjoy control more though, Handlock, Control Warrior and Freeze Mage were my main decks.

I agree it's not P2W, but the amount of cards you need to be viable requires you to put a LOT of time in, or some money.

Especially as expansions are released, sure this is kinda diluted by the new Wild/Standard system, but nonetheless.

Big names have done F2P runs where they have achieved legend, but these people are playing the game 24/7 with a high skill level.

I also dislike how instead of staying on top of balancing cards every month or so, they decide to remove a lot of them, make a few balance changes, then create a brand new game mode.

So you have to either play standard, where a lot of the cards you may have paid for or crafted are now useless and can't be played, or play Wild, where there's been no balance changes (as far as I know).

Not to mention how they actually balance cards i.e: Starving Buzzard, Warsong Commander

Just make them fucking useless

Skillershark#2198

face hunter was the cancer for the longest of times before it became secret paladin

I do enjoy control more though, Handlock, Control Warrior and Freeze Mage were my main decks.

I agree it's not P2W, but the amount of cards you need to be viable requires you to put a LOT of time in, or some money.

Especially as expansions are released, sure this is kinda diluted by the new Wild/Standard system, but nonetheless.

Big names have done F2P runs where they have achieved legend, but these people are playing the game 24/7 with a high skill level.

I also dislike how instead of staying on top of balancing cards every month or so, they decide to remove a lot of them, make a few balance changes, then create a brand new game mode.

So you have to either play standard, where a lot of the cards you may have paid for or crafted are now useless and can't be played, or play Wild, where there's been no balance changes (as far as I know).

Not to mention how they actually balance cards i.e: Starving Buzzard, Warsong Commander

Completely true. Starving Buzzard and Wsong Commander really needed a nerf but there was no need to basically remove them from competitive play. It just shows how lazy they are, they could have balanced it in a thousand ways, and maybe even small nerfs to a set of cards insted of just bashing off those 2. Still there's Dr.Balanced that's in 90% of the decks and is almost always the best turn 7 play. (Well rip him when standard comes).

Mid range hunter requires skill unlike FH. You just go face every turn unless there's a really obvious trade like Leper Gnome for a 1 hp Ragnaros. You can waste all your cards by turn 4 because pretty much any card you top deck will help you deal more damage to their face. I don't blame the people that play it tho, I've done it myself and it can be fun to get those cheeky top decks that suddenly win you the game but I feel bad every time I play it.

And yes, HS is p2w.

Skillershark#2198

When I say midrange, I mean I threw in savanna highmane and a flare (Because secret pally was pissing me off) and went face.

I believe there are quite a few balance changes coming to classic cards, but that is just because some would be too strong in standard, so yeah, there are probably still going to be lots of op cards in Wild. But hey, it's called wild for a reason :D

Since the new expansion came, I stopped playing. Conclusion is that this game is a money drain. You want to become the best? Simply pay. No thank you. I regret for spending money on this game, spending time collecting golden cards. All for nothing.

Also hated the same cards you get in one pack. Once opened a pack, got 3 of 5, same cards.

Since the new expansion came, I stopped playing. Conclusion is that this game is a money drain. You want to become the best? Simply pay. No thank you. I regret for spending money on this game, spending time collecting golden cards. All for nothing.

Also hated the same cards you get in one pack. Once opened a pack, got 3 of 5, same cards.

Well it's not as simple as becoming the best, it gives you the OPPORTUNITY to become the best, because you have the ability to make whatever deck you desire or is suited to the meta.

I spent over £200+ but never hit Legend, admittedly I wasn't a big ranked player, more arena but still.

Well it's not as simple as becoming the best, it gives you the OPPORTUNITY to become the best, because you have the ability to make whatever deck you desire or is suited to the meta.

I spent over £200+ but never hit Legend, admittedly I wasn't a big ranked player, more arena but still.

Tbh, it doesn't take a whole lot of money to hit legend. The easiest way is always to make anti-meta decks, but permanent archetypes, like zoo or facehunter, costs AT MOST 2k dust to make, and will carry you to legend, if you're persistent enough.

Also, if Patron (in it's original form) was still around, you could make the best deck since HS release for about 2.2k dust

The key to hearthstone isn't always having the best deck. Persistence is the key.