Sign in to follow this  
Cereal

Standalone microphone

Hey guys, as the people on the server who play JB know, my mic has gone to shit recently, but I still love my headset to bits, so I was wondering what good standalone microphone to get. I'm looking to spend up to about 30 pounds, what would you suggest? I'm only using it for TS.

This should be around 30 pounds http://www.modmic.com/products/modmic-4-0

It actually sounds better than 90% of headset mics out there and you can mount it on your headset and not have to worry about space on your desk or whatever you would have to worry about with a stand microphone :)

You will be hard pressed to find a decent stand alone mic for 30 pounds although Twix suggestion seems legit. I have been thinking about getting one for a while tbh even though my head set one works. I have heard the Snowball ones like iszuka has got are good and pretty well priced. :mrgreen:

Dont recommend getting one tbh. My 70 euro one was kind of a dissapointment. The 30 euro mic my friend had is absolute garbage. This is my experience... I recommend just buying a 50 pound headset which usually (if you pick one carefully) is a solid solution.