Sign in to follow this  
Paradoxxx

Personal information

@ stiqqy I understand that, but if they dont mind you doing it its fine, but lets say Mintlou really didnt like his personal pictures getting photoshopped. Mintlou tells the person that posted it. The person that posted it tells Mintlou hes exercising his freedom to post what ever he wants. Does in this situation an admin step in and say, brah fuck off stop posting it if Mintlou dun like it.

Yes well surely instead of banning chris for 7 days without warning mclovin could of msg'd chris saying remove it as he doesn't like it and maybe that would've solved the situation?

Again this thread was not made to debate if mclovin his judgement or punishment was correct.

@ stiqqy I understand that, but if they dont mind you doing it its fine, but lets say Mintlou really didnt like his personal pictures getting photoshopped. Mintlou tells the person that posted it. The person that posted it tells Mintlou hes exercising his freedom to post what ever he wants. Does in this situation an admin step in and say, brah fuck off stop posting it if Mintlou dun like it.

@chris I did read my post before I posted it I dont really see anything wrong with it. I'm not trying to debate mclovin his choice of punishment or judgement here.

@jak Well the might part doesnt sound very good. If you find my facebook and start posting pictures and I ask you to stop but you continue. Thats pretty disrespectful and In my oppinion an admin should intervene at that point.

If you are so protective of your image then do not post it in the public domain online.

At the end of the day, stuff happens all the time which people don't like.

As a middle-aged member of OB, I can't speak with confidence, but I can speak with expectation - that when we get older, into firm working jobs, people will do stuff that will piss us off. It'll be a lot more complicated than just throwing down a ban hammer on someone, particularly if they're higher ranked than you in your company/organisation.

I think the gaming community world, and OB in particular have become wayyyyyy too ban heavy, joking around and shit ending up with week bans, membership being removed yadayada. There's a difference between being an absolute cunt - racism and mass freekilling when you know it's wrong, and just friendly banter, just like would happen IRL.

Some of these I think are more targetted bans because of disliking people - banning someone is the steepest step you can take on TS, beyond all the things beforehand - warning, muting, blocking, moving and kicking.

Yes well surely instead of banning chris for 7 days without warning mclovin could of msg'd chris saying remove it as he doesn't like it and maybe that would've solved the situation?

Again this thread was not made to debate if mclovin his judgement or punishment was correct.

Is that really the truth though, because you brought up the mclovin/chris situation first in a reply.

IMO this thread is just an intentional extension of the chris unban request thread where everyone is allowed post, who doesn't love drama though right? 10/10 loophole

@chris I did read my post before I posted it I dont really see anything wrong with it. I'm not trying to debate mclovin his choice of punishment or judgement here.

@jak Well the might part doesnt sound very good. If you find my facebook and start posting pictures and I ask you to stop but you continue. Thats pretty disrespectful and In my oppinion an admin should intervene at that point.

If you are so protective of your image then do not post it in the public domain online.

Having facebook with the most hardcore privacy settings still allows you to see their profile picture either way.

That doesnt change the fact that if someone posts someone else their profile picture and they ask you to stop that you should continue? Or do you feel that you should be allowed to continue?

Is that really the truth though, because you brought up the mclovin/chris situation first in a reply.

IMO this thread is just an intentional extension of the chris unban request thread where everyone is allowed post, who doesn't love drama though right? 10/10 loophole

Mclovin his complaint thread intrigued me to start this discussion. I brought him up ones as an example and then generalized it.

I started this thread to talk about this topic not to talk about mclovin his case.

Its like if a terrorist attack happens you talk about terrorism in general and not that specific case although you can refer to it.