Sign in to follow this  
barrythemorris

Codewords

Recently I've seen a lot of abuse of the codeword exception to new commands overriding old ones.

Specifically the command:

CT-"Don't leave cells untill I say bananas for the second time"

CT-"All Ts get to my spray"

*SPRAY OF BULLETS*

*dead*T-"I thought new commands overode old commands"

ME-"There's an exception for codewords"

*dead*T-"Dafuq??!"

I know codewords can be useful for starting races and such, but you could just as easily do:

CT-"Don't leave cells untill i say melons for a second time, when i say the word you will run to my spray and freeze"

CT-"Bananas"

*SPRAY OF BULLETS*

*dead*T-"WTF"

ME-"The word was melons"

*dead*T-"Oh"

Could we specifically add a rule saying new commands override old ones even for codewords? Too many CTs say commands during mic spam to get ludicrous amounts of kills because the Ts didn't hear clearly what they said. You can still pick out the ones that aren't listening by using the above example without having to create an exception in the rules.

I like the use of codewords, They're good for FUBAR rounds when no one's cooperating. Although it only works well when everyone shuts the hell up and actually listens.

If not, you get the complaints.

The one thing i don't agree with however, is when the entire T team obviously didn't hear a word the commander says, and they get massacred, all over some bloody bananas. They should be given a chance to understand.

Keep the codewords, but make it clear. Everyone should hear it ( best opportunity are the first 10 seconds as T's are muted and are supposed to listen ). These can be handy to get rid of a few but if you notice only a few actually got it, don't kill the stack. Either continue commanding then and let the others join or give em warning shots and tell them to go back and then try again.

Commanders who kill a whole bunch right at the start of the round with the use of a 'codeword' shouldn't command. Ever. People play to do the games, not to get killed for mishearing 'banana' instead of 'bananas'

NON STRUCTURED POINTS FTW

-Annoying thing about the 10 second mute at the start is that the donators are immune to this

-The overrides old commands thing basically means we don't play the freeze rule so you don't need to say freeze

- I hate code words because they're fucking annoying and makes everyone rage quit (With the exception of when people are fucking around and rebelling a lot) but then you get people like Monkey who use it every round because he wants a better K/D ratio

- In my opinion warning shots should be given for the people who do the command without the magic word, since they're doing the command anyway the CT was just being picky, so they innocently go to the spray thinking 'I'm not rebelling this round :3 smugface" and then bullet through the skull

NON STRUCTURED POINTS FTW

-Annoying thing about the 10 second mute at the start is that the donators are immune to this

-The overrides old commands thing basically means we don't play the freeze rule so you don't need to say freeze

- I hate code words because they're fucking annoying and makes everyone rage quit (With the exception of when people are fucking around and rebelling a lot) but then you get people like Monkey who use it every round because he wants a better K/D ratio

- In my opinion warning shots should be given for the people who do the command without the magic word, since they're doing the command anyway the CT was just being picky, so they innocently go to the spray thinking 'I'm not rebelling this round :3 smugface" and then bullet through the skull

THIS.

All the noob Cts end up freekilling and get banned :P

Because the game is all about ban counts, and not actually about having fun.

Always ban with reason, give plenty of warnings first unless it's super obvious it's a hacker or freekiller or whatnot. Doing it for ban counts is useless, what do those get you? nothing. ( This coming from the blaze admin with way too many bans -_- )

The part with the old commands overwriting the new ones. It's like a game. You can compare to Simon says.

CT: We are playing Simon says, I'm Simon.

CT: All T's get to my spray.

*GUN SHOTS, FOLLOWED UP BY CRYING AND BABY'S SCREAMING*

CT's: I didn't say Simon says.

The codework

CT: Alright get to my spray when I say Melons.

CT: All T's go to my spray.

*GUN SHOTS, FOLLOWED UP BY CRYING AND BABY'S SCREAMING*

CT: I didn't say Melons.

I get the idea of new rules overwrite old ones.. But I like that some of the T's who aren't paying attention get's punished and that makes it easier for the Pro CT's to handle the rest of the T's.

In other words. Codeworks gets rid of Pro T's!

what gunzter just said above

its the same as when u play simon says and u shoot cuz u didnt say simon says,

"Simon says" its both a game and a codeword, the word u need before u can do anything.

So if all ts just can shut up while the round starts and stop spamming the mic, maybe the round will go alot better

Talk to ur friend on steam chat, not shouting in the mic so nobody can hear shit.