Sign in to follow this  
Sholto

server suggestion.

today i was thinking about something that someone said last night on the server. what was said was along the lines of...

"I think we should have a new rule about people who join ct without admin's permission" they went on to say "if they do this, i think, they should be required to command for their first round on ct, if they fail to do so they get put strait back and told not to switch back, this would mean you would not end up with noob ct's"

personally i think this sounds like a sensible suggestion, as i find admins are always bombarded with awful ct's stacking the teams and doing nothing but providing guns and ammo to the terrorists by getting killed, this might help fix it?!

The real problem is that very few people have mics and are willing or even able to command. At the moment on a busy night we can have up to 8 CTs with only 4 having mics and only 1 or 2 commanding, if we just left the 2 who could command by themselves they couldn't handle 24 Ts by themselves.

I'll always try to switch those without a mic off CT, but we need to make up the ratio to stop CTs getting overwhelmed. There will always be newb CTs and at the moment there just aren't enough people with mics or experiance to make up the ratio. So we have to keep a few CTs without mics on.

I think I've seen a few mods that auto-balance the ratio, but I'm not sure if they're compatible with the mods we have already. It would cause headaches if it started switching people with an admin on trying to sort out teams. Plus it doesn't sort out the core issue of newb CTs.

Plus a team full of experianced CTs can be boring to play with as the Ts won't have a chance to rebel.

Its better to have pro cts without mic, then cts with mic that are shit for backup.

just 2 ts with mic that can command, wihle u have some backup that isnt shit and keeps failing everytime