Sign in to follow this  
inmylife

Somethingdifferent Video showcase

In the following video you can see the map I've made and the games. You might notice there are a lot of open spaces and it doesn't entirely fit a certain style. I've done this on purpose for now because there are quite a few secrets and I don't want the map to be too difficult for CT's. After some playtesting I will know which secrets are too strong and which are fine, and then I can balance it and make it a bit less open.

Edited by Guest

The art and general look of the map is looking so much better, well done.

although i feel obligated to tell you i want to bring back outbreak day, the one with the original black and yellow. as part of an update to soar/prepartion for outbreak day i will be replacing the black and yellow music. so i think it'd be nice to have unique music for your version. :-)

although i feel obligated to tell you i want to bring back outbreak day, the one with the original black and yellow. as part of an update to soar/prepartion for outbreak day i will be replacing the black and yellow music. so i think it'd be nice to have unique music for your version. :-)

How do you mean? You replace it with a whole different song that has nothing to do with black and yellow you mean?

It would be nice to see Outbreak_day back in action, although please don't change anything. Woud incude the song. I feel altering the map everyone wants to play so badly would be a bad idea.

It would be nice to see Outbreak_day back in action, although please don't change anything. Woud incude the song. I feel altering the map everyone wants to play so badly would be a bad idea.

He'd just have to optimize it in my opinion, I remember people having horrible FPS in some area's.

I would only change things where somrthing doesnt work or i feel that there is a huge gameplay imbalance. For example on airship the volleyball didnt work and i felt 4 random gun cells was just too much.

I cant imagine changing anything major on outbreak day, maybe just making csgo weapon spawners.

Looking a lot better, I especially like the walls and roof in armoury, I'm questioning the changes to cells because the water thing was unique to your map however I was unsure about the gameplay element of it.

The rest looks similar to before, games looking great and I have a feeling you've added various secrets.

Is it optimised with func details yet?

Looking a lot better, I especially like the walls and roof in armoury, I'm questioning the changes to cells because the water thing was unique to your map however I was unsure about the gameplay element of it.

The rest looks similar to before, games looking great and I have a feeling you've added various secrets.

Is it optimised with func details yet?

Jep, came to the realisation a week ago I didn't understand func details and was doing it wrong all along. So I optimized the hell out of it.

I did add a lot of secrets, a few secrets people will use a lot. A few that people won't know they're there until someone randomly stumbles upon it after a while.

About the water.. For me the big element was that the water would move flooding certain parts of the map and allowing ct's/t's to move to other sections of the map. But there's this trick people can do in the water so they move at incredible speed as I'm sure you are aware off. As I was basically new to mapping I felt it would be too big of a challenge to balance it all out, seeing as I didn't even know what I was doing half of the time.

Also a lot of "bugfixes" "bughandle" things have been added. I noticed with black and yellow sometimes people glitch through the floor, so I placed water underneath the platform in case you glitch through so the t's don't die. A few fixes were needed for the lasergame/cargame/deathcube because some weird interaction would happen with the lasers and the deatchcube+car.

Edit: Also Mortal Kombat needed a lot of fixing seeing as people would get stuck. That has changed also, a lot of "custom" blocks hav ebeen added which I won't spoil too much. But they should make the game more fun. I've got to look into a way to allow t's to pick up 1 bomb max for the futhure. This kinda ruins the game as someone might pick up 10 bombs and just have an instantkill.