Sign in to follow this  
Churd

Getting annoying now

Since someone bumped this thread, I wanted to tell that there already is a plugin which can cron a job like Popey said.

Goodluck finding a plugin that will do that

Assuming your server runs on a UNIX based operating system, you can CRON (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron) a job to run at certain times. I assume it would be a simple matter of changing a settings file and then reloading the settings?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=205962

That plugin would actually work very well. It would *seem* to be as easy as:

0 23 * * * console sv_allow_votes 0
0 8 * * * console sv_allow_votes 1

However, now we have the issue of "hated" players getting kicked even if they are not doing anything wrong. The amount of times admins get called to respawn for "freekills" which aren't actually true is phenomenal.

That plugin would actually work very well. It would *seem* to be as easy as:

0 23 * * * console sv_allow_votes 0
0 8 * * * console sv_allow_votes 1

However, now we have the issue of "hated" players getting kicked even if they are not doing anything wrong. The amount of times admins get called to respawn for "freekills" which aren't actually true is phenomenal.

If you remember the TagMeNot plugin, using it as base (maybe) I can make a plugin which allows players whose SteamIDs are put in the .txt file to take action. Btw I have updated the plugin and it is now more simpler than before, posting the details on the thread.

Okay, this age old discussion has come around again and i'll put an end to it.

Had this been 2 years ago, perhaps back in CS:S, this plugin would have definitely been looked into. This will not be added for the reasons Popey and many others have already given - it will be abused. Too many whiners will kick for reasons which won't even warrant a kick in the first place. Oh and trust me, members will even abuse it too.

I believe I speak on behalf of management when I say that this won't be added anytime in the near future.

Okay, this age old discussion has come around again and i'll put an end to it.

Had this been 2 years ago, perhaps back in CS:S, this plugin would have definitely been looked into. This will not be added for the reasons Popey and many others have already given - it will be abused. Too many whiners will kick for reasons which won't even warrant a kick in the first place. Oh and trust me, members will even abuse it too.

I believe I speak on behalf of management when I say that this won't be added anytime in the near future.

Jamie is absolutely right - It's not worth the hassle.