Sign in to follow this  
Tiny

Freekilling/Respawn

So i was freekilled by Sneaky when he was trying to shoot someone with a gun. Sneaky was slain.

When i asked to be respawn i was told by the admin that he could either 'slay sneaky OR respawn you'

I asked why, and he said 'it was a hassle to respawn someone everytime they're freekilled' :l.

Is this an actual rule? Slay OR respawn?

*DEAD* ------- : it's a hassle to respawn every freekill

*DEAD* ------- : i can respawn you or slay him

*DEAD* ------- : not both

It's one of our new admins, didn't want to point fingers. It just seemed REALLY lazy.

I have screenshots if necessary

Imo, they SHOULD slay and respawn, but the respawning depends when in a round it happens. Ofcourse at start or close towards lr with a controlled group, then respawning needs to happen. But if it happens when people are running loose like rebels but there's a freekilll in the midst, I can understand they tend to forget to respawn or just can't cause they have to pay attention ( as they are playing the game ).

Side note: yes, you all just lost it. Also, am I even allowed to reply here? If not, sorry then.

Moved this to SnQs. If you could pm me the name of the trialist that did this please, i'll chat to them about it.

But no, it is not a a rule that we slay OR respawn, as eagle says, it's situation if the CT needs to be slayed.

I can however sympathise somewhat, if you're trying to play a round it is very hard to judge a situation (as you don't see it 1st hand) and it can take quite some time and risk getting shot yourself, especially for those unfamiliar with the menus/protocols we operate on :)

Sorry that this affected you and never fear, we'll learn 'em yet!

Respawning people is a favour to the player not a rule that an admin has to do, an eye for an eye upon freekilling the punishment is a slay, its less common for them to get a respawn a little bit further into the round as you often get people who use it as a chance to rebel

I would have respawned you Tiny but I couldn't tell whether you were freekilled or if it was you with the gun. To find this out I would have had to talk to the CT, talk to the other dead T, talk to you, halt the round for about 30 seconds all for a single respawn. As I didn't see which of you had the gun I didn't want to delay the round so i just slayed the CT.