Sign in to follow this  
Biggles

Review the Movie! (NO SPOILERS)

***NO SPOILERS***

If you've watched a movie recently then take some time to review it, this way we can all warn each other and save a few hours.

The Equalizer

I didn't like this movie, I've never realised an action movie could be so boring. Its a typical Revenge movie against the poor Russian folks, it seems to rely heavily on trying to make the main character (Denzel Washington) look 'badass' in every scene but in reality giving an actor an expressionless character who always appears to be walking in slow motion is over done and uninteresting. You can tell none of the actors really put any time into preparing for their roles they may as well be reading their lines for the first time...

2/10 Boring as fuck.

Edited by Guest

It's one of the movies on my movie list a good friend gave to me. It looked boring so haven't watched it yet, because of Biggles I'll probably never watch it. Meaning the Equaliser now.

hotel grand budapest

A very good movie. Why is this movie good you ask? Well the story line is one of the best aspects of this movie, it's not an action movie or anything. It's decently paced and all the characters are interesting. The visuals in the movie are really good also and it has a very original feel to it.

8/10 personally it's a must see because it's just a great movie.

Last film I watched was a Biggles recommendation.

What we do in the Shadows

Mockumentary style filming of a number of 'vampires', embodying various cliches whilst dealing with the monotony of day-to-day life. Essentially looks into the pettiness of people and how relationships work, and has a nice plot which moves along at the perfect pace. If you enjoyed Shaun of the Dead (or Flight of the Conchords), you'll enjoy this. Worth a watch, and the Kiwi accents are hilarious. A lot of funny moments in it. 7/10.

Moon

This movie is some dank ass shit yo. The protagonist Sam Bell (played by Sam Rockwell) is quirky and interesting, Rockwell does an unforgettable job of portraying him. To talk about the plot would be to give away a keystone piece of this movie's repertoire of astounding features, it's great, nothing much more to say on the matter. With Moon's shoestring budget it's exceedingly impressive to see what can be done, "Moon" stands testament to the potential of the film industry, a $5 million dollar budget proves that much can be done with very little. Tropes of a "clean future" and a "dirty future" are mixed to create a truly unique atmosphere, the milieu is suitably claustrophobic. I re-watched this movie recently and it blew me away as it did when I first saw it, I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone who has not seen it.

9/10