Sign in to follow this  
Kriss

ba_jail_voodoo

You don't have that button anymore.

You've been in a coma Kriss. A lot has happened these past 2 years.

While you were waking, you were asking for McLovin. He.. He isn't here anymore, there was an accident, a DDoS infact. He went to stop it himself. He was so couragous. He went out protecting us all.

While you were waking, you were asking for McLovin. He.. He isn't here anymore, there was an accident, a DDoS infact. He went to stop it himself. He was so couragous. He went out protecting us all.

Sleep well, sweet prince. *kisses McLovin fondly on the forehead, as he is lowered down to the sad blast of trumpets*

Banned for Racism.

b3 Released
b5 Released

b4?

Great map, I love the style your maps always have. I've noticed you always have lots of balconys, walkways and the concrete texture with the yellow stripe.

The one thing I'm not keen on is the file size, I remember back when I tried my first JB map Mclovin gave me some advice about this.

Alright I knew this would happen, JB maps are supposed to be a small sized map in file size.

40Mb - 50Mb is mostly the max.

People wont play on a map bigger then 50Mb for jailbreak

Sure that map was big due to a large amount of music files but waiting for any map to download can be a pain.

Since CS:S people generally have faster connections and stuff, but I think its still relevant.

b3 Released
b5 Released

b4?

Great map, I love the style your maps always have. I've noticed you always have lots of balconys, walkways and the concrete texture with the yellow stripe.

The one thing I'm not keen on is the file size, I remember back when I tried my first JB map Mclovin gave me some advice about this.

Alright I knew this would happen, JB maps are supposed to be a small sized map in file size.

40Mb - 50Mb is mostly the max.

People wont play on a map bigger then 50Mb for jailbreak

Sure that map was big due to a large amount of music files but waiting for any map to download can be a pain.

Since CS:S people generally have faster connections and stuff, but I think its still relevant.

You already stated the difference though, this map is big due to actuall map content. I agree my statement still stands compared to other game types JB is supposed to be quite a bit smaller on file size. However, the reason I stated that on your map was because of the excessive amount of music files used for the disco. This map has been developed slowly and that's good because a lot of time has been put into it.

The realism aspect to this map is that it will most likely be used for future events quite a lot. It is big and has many paths for numerous of events to take place. It also for me atleast sets a new standard for JB maps in ways of how they should look. Most JB maps have simple squared structures or take place someone inside. The thing is, these sorta simple minded maps are not what the players want anymore. The most popular played maps on JB are both visually looking good and allow good game play. Take notice of Clouds, it looks really good and allows good gameplay. (I would like to see the map without the teleport, although thats just me.)

In short: Yes JB maps should be kept as small as possible, try to reduce file size as much as possible. Although this does not neccesarely mean that bigger sized maps are bad. In fact some of the bigger maps in the past and perhaps this one in the future have been really liked by its players and were usefull for event purposes.

I have not seen b5 yet, but I would like to know what has been changed and I am eager to know what the end result may be for this map.

With server compression its around 60mb download so no idea what the complaint is about, oh well.

It wasn't meant as a complaint I don't think. Just trying to find ONE thing that could be possibly improved, as there's little faulting the map. :)

Dident mean to sound negative, i think what the problem is the huge influx of versions all at once that quite annoyed the server :):):):)

b6 Released

-Added flags for events and such (credits P L S)

-Fixing stupid shit.

-Remade some parts of the map.

-Added basketball.

-Fixed some skybox problems.

-Added new sounds in disco.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4lpv1fqv4m1m ... 6.zip?dl=0

Feedback is always nice!