Sign in to follow this  
gaffeR

Laptop

Basically i was goin to build a desktop, but tbh I would much prefare a laptop, I know 99% would not agree, but that's what I'm goin to be getting. Any one know any decent laptops you can buy for around £800 ? Please don't hate on me. It's just that I like streaming movies and with a laptop it's just so much easier to move from room to room. Plus I like lying in bed after a nights drinks and watching shit stuff on youtube whilst feeling sorry for my self. Sorry it's all in one paragraph, don't know how to do it on the iPhone.

I actually do agree on getting a laptop for some reasons though..

If you compare laptop-desktop for price and what you get then a desktop pc is better, however, for me atm I could use a laptop very good since I'm not home often anymore...

just get a alptop with 4cores CPU (Intel > AMD ) 4 Gb (perhaps 6) Ram memory, A SEPERATE GPU (perhaps with 1-2 Gb dedicated memory) (nVidea > Anything else), AND A GOOD MOTHERBOARD (and Full HD screen 1920x1080)

I dunno, they don't tell what motherboard the laptop got, they only tell what chipset is attached on the motherboard.

Intel HM76 Chipset -> Which is basically one of the most used chipsets though..

Supports both second & third generation of CPU, GPU, etc

L = Lenovo

N = Novatech

SPACE

L - bigger hard drive (slower as is HDD only)

N - smaller hard drive (but faster as is hybrid SSD)

* you probably won't notice the speed difference anyway if you've never had an SSD

GRAPHICS CARD

L - will run most well, might struggle with new games

N - more powerful, will run newer games at much smoother speeds

SCREEN

L - 17.3" @ 1366x768

N - 15.6" @ 1366x768

* same pixel count but Lenovo's screen is bigger

CPU

L - 2.1GHz (but over-clockable)

N - 2.4GHz, no mention of over-clocking

Overall I'd probably swing for the Novatech but mostly because I need the extra power on the graphics side, space isn't an issue. It has generally slightly better specs than the lenovo and comes in cheaper too, but then again you do get a smaller screen and if you want to be watching films in bed or whatever then that might be an important factor. Either one will do for day-to-day activities and both will run a decent amount of games as well.

There's a mod you can install for windows 8 so it just works the same as 7, my girl friends little bro has it, I also hate windows 8, I think in gona go with the "L" just because of screen, I don't really play any new powerful games anyways, I've been stuck around the same games for the last few games lol, but I wouldn't mind getting battle field 4, would it run it?