Sign in to follow this  
Sholto

Some new maps

I don't disagree with what happened as it's up to you guys but based upon the most recent changes...well I felt like stating my opinions:

Lego : Lets get this piece of poop done with. As a map..I like it...I like it's design and there is things to do. However it doesn't work for the game mode as you can never get a full good team of CTs and even when you do people dislike it because they can't rebel / whine about ratios. I have no quarrels with this map being removed :o

Avalanche : Again a map I like. It proves challenging but as long as you aren't CT solo, you get a CT per vent. It is difficult but it's capable by anyone with some brain cells and a semi decent aim. I think the map populated the server and was enjoyable. Of course up to you guys, but as it's only just news to me that it was removed...I would very much enjoy it if at some point it was re-added :o

IslandTorture : Not really done much on it and is a little challenging to command on to start with, but I like the map a lot and it has a lot of stuff which I am still yet to explore on it :o

Blax / Tilepalace : Not sure which map is which...whichever one leads outside while going down a corridor with a blinding light down it, I'm not particularly fond of it and I found it a little bad looking and the vent near impossible to sneak into without ninja skills [Which I do not acquire]. Overall again I don't mind it being there, but it's not a map I'd get majorly excited over :o

Whichever one has the rooms labelled 'Sport' etc..well I think something like this map has possibilities [looking at that disco hue], but it doesn't looking that good tbh. I know it's a hard job and there is nothing you can do about it at the moment, but if there was a way to give it a new look..I reckon it could be pretty good.

These are all just my opinions...I don't argue with decisions it's just if anyone else relates to my opinions / wishes to point anything out to me which would change my opinion then it'd be fair enough :p

My opinion:

Lego:

This map should stay, the design of the map is GREAT, only reason why it's not that poppular is because it's a hard map like Rooftop, one which you need pretty good CT's.

Rooftop:

Same as Lego

Avalanche:

No issues with this map ether, the fact that it's easier to rebel on this map for the ct's is something I like. People need some challenging rounds and not rounds where u have everybody under control right from the start.

IslandTorture:

Didn't play this map much yet, but it got a lot of things to do, it's beautiful map as well.

I took a new look at it, and actually it's not that hard to command that map.

There are no secret vents/teleports the map looks big but actually there isn't that much of an escape route like for example on Onova or Outbreak_day.

Blax:

Ugly looking map, this will decrease server poppulation in time is what I believe.

Tilepalace:

The map si just so bad for jailbreak, it's more a minigames map with cells thrown in it. No way to rebel at all unless you got a ct which is baiting you.

Never played rooftop...but after a second look at some of these maps...no real commanding in it...it's just games, which would you rebel if there is nothing else to do but play minigames?

I know a lot of people prefer this type of thing but I have to say I'm tending to share Proxima's opinions.

I enjoy the banter of OB either way so doesn't change my status, but if there was someway lego was easier...it's map like lego which are great.

Rooftop was a tank map, loved commanding on it and although it didnt have a lot to do on it, it made you make up games.

Lego was ok I guess but a map that is nearly impossible without a decent ct team is just not worth it.

Avalanche is much better than lego but again w/o a decent ct team you are done for.

Lego and Avalanche are good up until you get 16+ terrorists then it just goes to shit.

Maps that shouldn't be on server -

Lego (It's too hard, it really is. You barely ever get a group of competent CT. The map is too crammed and there are too many easy ways to escape)

Blax or w.e the awful underground map is. - (The map looks disgusting, it's too dark, some textures are missing, it's generally bad)

Maps we should have/need back. -

Forest rooftops (My 2nd fav map, suggested by me originally, it's a really good map and easy to command on once you know where to position the CT.) (One CT in kitchen, one CT on roof, one outside main door.)

Avalanche (Yes, it's a tough map. Yes, the vent is retarded - However, there's lots to do on it, it populates the server and forces CT to actually think a little.)

There's another map we used to have. It's made out of whitewalls.. there's a disco with a little secret passage.. a massive swimming pool.. to get in to armoury you can jump on these roof beams and through an invisible wall part..

It has a big courtyard made out of white stone. Anyone remember? I have it in my maps folder, i'll get it later.

ba_lakejail? or ba_lakeside? Something like that. It's a TOUGH map to command on with a lot of people, but I love it. Old school JB.

Can we have the old space jail map we used to have, with the one large cell, vent to go on the lowgrav roof, has a 4 corners game etc? No idea why it was removed.

I'm racking my brain but that's all I can remember. There's at last 2 new good map suggestions there. Do it!

Can we have the old space jail map we used to have, with the one large cell, vent to go on the lowgrav roof, has a 4 corners game etc? No idea why it was removed.

That was the first map I ever played on OB! I remember because it was the first map I was introduced to the story of Wist's sister. I also liked that map, and do wonder as you do why it was removed o.e

Maps we should have/need back. -

Forest rooftops (My 2nd fav map, suggested by me originally, it's a really good map and easy to command on once you know where to position the CT.) (One CT in kitchen, one CT on roof, one outside main door.)

I never did quite understand why we removed that map. It wasn't easy for CT's to command, but there were a good amount of hold points for them, too.

I hate those maps which are huge but also hate the maps which are way too Tony. And yes Blax is awful we had it before, cell block is Tony and the textures are awful with hardly anything to do on it.