Sign in to follow this  
twapcat

Unban Request: tweep

Hello, McLovin.

I would firstly like to apologise (both to you, and anyone else I may have been disrespectful towards) for how I conducted myself, and how I spoke to you. I was an idiot - I was egotistic, and cared far too much about protecting my pride to admit that I was in the wrong. I tried to convince myself that I was completely in the right, and I was not. I'm a little bit disappointed to hear that you hate me; admittedly, I acted in a disrespectful fashion, and I did act like an asshole after my demotion... but to hate another person for that? Is that not a little far?

I have changed. I have learnt to look at thing objectively, and to understand what is actually happening. I am starting to realise I am no where near as good as I thought I was: a few months ago I went through phases of acting like I was awesome and inflating my ego, and then going through phases of hating myself. I have realised this is a stupid way to live life and to behave. I have realised that trying to make yourself look good constantly, as I did, will only lead to disappointment. A few months ago I was a wreck; I felt frequently down, and nearly constantly anxious. It is no excuse for how I acted, but that is one of the reasons.

If you are not willing to recognise me as a fellow human being that has their own flaws, and you choose not to forgive me, then I respect that your decision has been made. But please, accept my apology, and understand that I am trying to change, and that I am constantly trying not to be that egotistical idiot that I was.

Please at least consider this. If you want to accept the request I sent you in steam to talk about this, I would be happy for that if you would prefer it. We all make mistakes in our lives, but sometimes people learn from those mistakes. Giving me a second chance after how I acted is a lot to ask, I know, but I know you are good guy.

Thank you.

anyone who wasn't involved with banished or riot deserves a second chance IMO. (if they are genuinely sorry that is)

one of the most heartfelt apologies I have seen in a long time. Even if the ban stays I do respect you for that

I don't believe in the fact that people change. But I do believe in the fact that people fake that they have changed which is the only reason I was supporting unbanning him and the other Banished members. If they care enough to fake that they have changed that means that they care enough for me to let them play on a server on C:SS with people who they enjoy playing with.

Also would help out with the population. But if the owner of the community honestly hates someone (Which I understand) I feel like it's his decision since it's kind of personal now. And the conclusion was no so I guess this topic should be locked?

I understand you scepticism, but some people do genuinely change their viewpoints and attitudes. I am still tweep, but now I am starting to understand that craving attention and acting in a self righteous way, where I am always justifying myself to be in the right, is not a way to live. A few months ago I would not have put my hands up and admitted that I am in the wrong. I would have been my egotistical self and fight out my argument to the end, regardless of whether I was right or wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. Some people at least try to learn from them, in the hope of becoming less delusional and more understanding. I am being genuine; I would achieve nothing is this is some sort of act.

I am just asking that you reconsider your position - I do not want to hassle you, or make a big deal about this. I am just asking that you recognise me as another human being, and that you could have the virtue to accept that people make mistakes, and to forgive me.

I do forgive you but I find it hard to believe you have changed. I also respect that you see your flaws but one thing is saying that you are going to do something or saying you have changed. I won't believe it until I've actually seen it/experienced it which is why I find it hard to believe.

I would achieve nothing is this is some sort of act.

The thing is that if this was actually some sort of act you would achieve the same thing as if you genuinely trying to change. Which in this case is getting unbanned. So whether you are speaking the truth or not I do not care. I forgive you for what you have done and wouldn't mind you getting unbanned because the times with you weren't all bad. I also completely understand McLovin's view on this unban. If PAINSCOPE asked for an unban I would in no way accept it. I would try my hardest to convince people not to unban him because I dislike him so much as a person and seeing him on the server only makes me sad and frustrated. If this is the way McLovin feel about you I then understand why he quickly denied your request. I guess that you can try to convince him that you have changed in someway but how I don't know. It's kind of your own fault that you are in the situation you are in now and sometimes you just can't do much about it. Reminds me of a semi-famous quote I've heard:

"But as hard as we try to move forward, as tempting as it is to never look back, the past always comes back to bite us in the ass"

If you are not willing to recognise me as a fellow human being that has their own flaws, and you choose not to forgive me, then I respect that your decision has been made

A bit to harsh and argument to throw around don't you think Tweep? Just because he doesn't forgive you doesn't mean he doesn't see you as a fellow human being that has his own flaws. Maybe he just doesn't like you and saying he doesn't see you as a human being makes it seem like that would be the reason to why he said no. Which it most likely isn't.

I completely understand your points. There is no way to prove a lot of it, and what you are saying is quite correct.

Although, it was not a harsh argument at the end; our flaws and weaknesses help make us human, and sometimes it is too easy to associate people with ideas, and to not recognise them as people. The past is in the past. I know I was hated in the past, but that doesn't need to carry on into the future. I used to be very quick to criticize people, but once I realised that I shared many more traits than I knew with them helped me to realise that being accepting of people is the only thing I can do. Harbouring hatred for things that happened in the past will not help.

The only thing I can ask is that I am given another chance. A chance to show that I am changed. I just want to play some jailbreak with an awesome community, of which I have many friends here. There is nothing to lose; if I have been making all of this up and act like an asswipe, you can ban me again. I don't want to drag this out, and will be respectful of the outcome.

Please at least reconsider - what happened is in the past, and shall stay there. I have presented my case, and I hope you will read it with an open mind. The majority of your team feel I should be given another chance. There is nothing to stop you from rebanning me if I act out again.

Thank you for your time.

I know I'm in no place to post here but I'd just like to say;

Tweep never defaced, rejected or abused the outbreak community, he was banned for causing some 'beef' with McLovin. Other members have left and have tried to get some sort of revenge, Tweep didn't, he left and stayed away from outbreak and did not continue to pester for an unban. Also it's just a game. It's supposed to be about fun and if he's never done anything 'wrong' towards outbreak why shouldn't he get another chance?

That is all.