Sign in to follow this  
JohnDoe

What most schools don't teach

If you are going to change my thread into anything else, like pokemon & rs, i'll come after you, and I will kill you.

I really like this video, it's some time since I started, but i quit for a while, now i'm starting again in python with a few buds! :)

It's being more implemented in secondary schools now but I do agree that there is still lack of programming in school.

I've always wanted to learn it ever since I first started playing games ( about 13 years ago ).

I've had 2 years of Visual Basic in secondary school which really gives a good start when going to college ( which is where I'm doing my first year atm ).

Although I prefer gaming over programming, it is fun to do if you know what you are doing and how it will work out in the end. It's too bad that I can't just follow game programming only in the course that I'm taking.

For those who want to make simple things with coding and don't want to go deeply into it,

there have been made a lot of programs that simplify the way to code stuff.

An example of this would be Construct2, it's a program that you can use to easily make a 2D game from scratch without any coding knowledge.

If you are going to change my thread into anything else, like pokemon & rs
pokemon
pokemon

*Go...Rayquaza...use outrage. You guys really called yourselves the ELITE four? Really?*

Trollseen. xD

Though in all seriousness, it would be cool to learn some of this stuff in school :o Instead...IT lessons are spent playing on mini games because some people in my class actually struggle to pass the ECDL Microsoft Program tests O.o

I thought it would be kinda lame then Gabe came up and I'm like unf. <3 But some of the people I just don't understand, they had good things to say like the guy from Black Eyed Peas, but it's not like it's manditory as he said for everyone to learn coding.

because this is an american thing you have to remember the 400000 people that are apparently going to be coding, the other 1000000 people will come from non american places. maybe me, but i prefer the UK to stay.

Getting into the USA is not really easy, better to go somewhere else.

Ya'll know CCP? I can see a good job in game dev. It's something that charms me, heh. I would pick it as a career and if I would i'd try out ccp. The ones that made EvE? It's icelandic