Sign in to follow this  
Jonty

The MOST unfair ban!

UnBan Request:

Player Name (at time of banning): Jonty

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:33335023

Ban Reason Given: After asking a friend he said it was for laughing

Server Banned From: UK Jail Break

Why you believe your ban was unfair/disproportionate (Including any evidence to support your claim): The cts (shelto) had no successful rounds at the time and was starting to rage at the amount of rebelling, i laughed and said "fraggle" he then proceed in his anger to say "SEE IF YOU FIND THIS FUNNY" and then i got a ban for 3 months. i have had no prior warning and have been extremely active in the last week upon discovery of the server and the GOOD admins that run it. I have full respect for admins but in my view it was an unfair ban and would love to carry on playing on your server.

Date of incident: 27/02/2012

Edited by Guest

yea i to thought this was harsh, me and venga was shocked that he permed then changed to 3 months, all that i recall is we lauging at sholto failing, he got really stressed then on another round he died( i think) and you put "do you lift bruh"

which i thought that was funny because it was at the perfect time and then thats when you got banned.

personally i think it was harsh.

ok so seeing this i will say two weeks for trolling thankyou and goodnight, we spoke together but seeing as you went public i have no choice but to go by the book.

thankyou olimar you missed half the story.

might i add i was amused also by the fail, i mean its kinda inevitable if ur gonna be lenient on rebels. I might shout at times but hell u all laugh harder so why would u think I'm serious, you surly know me well enough. and if you dont well then dont push it!

whatever mate read the post time i talked to you an hour after. If you want to assert your power constantly over counter strike i will personally now never return and will not recommend, you need to realize the extent of your "power" your an admin on a server, that is all nothing bigger so stop talking to me as if you are the law and pretending like being an admin makes you god.

After speaking to other regular users they all feel the same towards you, you are a good Marshall on a jail server but you take it to far for banning, muting, kicking everyone willy nilly all because your raging.

Its inevitable that people will talk on the mic as its a game type that requires a microphone, i would talk as much as anyone else and respect the rules to all admins.

This ban was not fair instead of being perm banned then changed to 3 months, then to one week, then to 3 days, now back to 3months. i should of been dealt with by being kicked or banned for an hour or so. That would of done the job. But its clearly not to show the rules its a personal 1up to better me because i said "can you even lift" and everyone laughed which meant you retaliate alot harder.

a full admin complaint will be made and hope you come to a sensible decision and leave your childish grudges to the school kids.

Peace.

Player Jonty

No Demos

Steam ID STEAM_0:0:22304371

Steam Community 76561198004874470

Invoked on 02-27-13 21:42

Banlength 2 wk

Expires on 03-13-13 21:42

Reason Abusive, trolling... hmm see you later sir, unban request not infact factual might i add!

Banned by Admin Sholto

Banned from | UK | Jailbreak | outbreak-community.com | Fast...

Total Bans No previous bans

Blocked (2) Jonty, Jonty

What part is not factual as i have 3 witness's that will say different

As someone who has seen this community go through a few different phases in its lifetime, i would say my judgement is getting better. I have dealt with a lot of trolls in this period, i have found people who join the community and immediately think they are somehow welcome to behave how they like are more often than not the trouble makers.

I am a well intended person and i do and will take what i can from all criticism, weather or not i act on suggestions made is another matter, however i do appreciate feedback weather i like it or not :) i understand that i come across and arrogant twat at times and you may think its power trip, or rage, however sadly for you i am in the position i am in because i am trusted with my judgement. I want you to know i DO hear what you are saying though.

to help you understand the fluctuation of your ban, i appreciate it may seem confusing. Firstly may i point out that during our conversation i was not aware that you had posted on the forum. This said if someone makes an effort to get in touch with me to talk a ban over before going to the forum, I may decide to re-assess the situation this is where 3 days was mentioned. However if it is taken to the forum i feel obliged to go by the book which is 2week ban for trolling. so you will now understand why it went from 3days to two weeks which it is and has been sins last night re my 1st response. the initial perm was just until edited it at the end of the session, it is policy not to give as little perm bans as possible as people may grow up sometimes. this is why i changed it to three months, so that clears that one up.

My role is not something i expect you to understand, however i do expect a little more respect for my efforts than abuse sent in my direction. I love each and every one of the dedicated regulars, people who show as much interest in the well fair and quality of our company, by company i of course mean the people we play with, not company as in business. respect is something you earn and this works both ways I understand that! however sometimes it is necessary to make it clear that you will not be walked all over.

I am not sure of your background to css however if your experience is tmf or another big community then i must advise you not to think of outbreak in anyway related to your previous experience. You are starting at square one in a sens. feel free to come back in two weeks and start a fresh if you think you can manage to respect us all.

i will personally now never return

You appear to have solved this issue for us.

Sholto is a good admin chosen for his maturity, activity on the servers, good decision making and general friendly nature.

I don't believe he was harsh in his choices, and it appears he even spoke to you.

Trolling is a 2 week ban which you now have, I suggest sitting out your ban then returning with a different attitude, because judging by your posts made, you enjoy getting the last word and are very back chatty.

I am posting supporting sholto, he has placed the ban, anyone above his station can change it.

On this case I will not and encourge those below or above me not to change it, and to those above me, I emplore you not to change it also. All I suggest is that you 2 talk to each other to come to an arrangement.

Maturity wins overall

I'm judging by what I have seen of you on the forums thus far, I spoke my opinion and told you what I think you should do.

Take it as you wish.

Jonty stop acting arrogant. Have respect for the people running the community and take the two day ban. You could atleast apologize to Sholto. The decision that one admin make is supported and discussed within the admin staff. We've agreed on your ban and it won't change as Gaz said.

And a quick tip. Saying that your stay in this community is over is something we hear on a regular basis. Unless you are a regular or someone we know and have respect for we won't care. And it will probably end with you coming back and if you do I hope you feel welcome even though you've gotten into a bad start.

From what I've seen on you on the server you seemed a bit loud and liked to talk a lot. We have a lot of people like that on the server and mostly we enjoy them because they are one of the reasons OB is what it is. But don't forgot to have respect for the people running the community and the people in the community.

I hope you come back after the ban is ended and start fresh. Apologizing to Sholto would probably show respect and Sholto being the great man he is will probably forgive you.

Chatted to Sholto about this and had a nice discussion (and was told that I should feel free to post on this thread). I was, as Olimar said, the other guy present. One point that Sholto made (and I agree with) is that a lot of this cobblers could've been avoided if it was discussed in private without the pressure-cooker of emotions which is having conflict dragged into the 'public sphere' (because OB is like parliament, whereas steam chat is the seedy back-room in posh London clubs where officials smoke cigars).

In future, is there a way we can make it easier or more apparent that an admin is willing to discuss, fairly the reasons behind a ban with the individual? The nature of an 'unban' thread is hugely adversarial, as it immediately challenges at least one person's judgement.

My two-pence on this though: I think Sholto was overly harsh in this case, given the relative behaviour of others on the server. But Sholto is, as has been said, a really good bloke, a cracking admin and a generally a joy to play with. If it's two weeks, then it's two weeks. But I think this 'apologise' thing is a bit rich, as Jonty's behaviour was no worse than plenty of new (and existing) regulars in the community.

As has been said: just talk it out in private. Far more gets done there - it becomes more about creating solutions than creating a pissing contest (which the context of a thread tends to).

tl;dr: Sholto rules, but was harsh. Jonty should've spoken to Sholto in private, but possibly wasn't sure of the merit - how do we encoruage individuals to solve problems at their inception, rather than creating threads which eat lots of time for everybody?

Edited by Guest