Sign in to follow this  
HoneyMuffin

Server Suggestion

I know you've said in the past that you don't want to use the extra server yet because no server would be full at any time and you want to wait till there's a larger player base, well I thought about how you could have a server on TF2. The reasons I think this is because it's one of the most popular games on steam daily, and as it's free to play there are even more people on it, it's also a different game so it's not like the player base from here will all go over to that. Just thought of this as a suggestion to if you could consider it or not. Just thought it'd be a good idea.

Bear in mind this is a prisonbreak community

This is one of the main reasons. However, if Outbreak would expand I don't think it would be another jailbreak :P. I just think TF2 doesn't really fit in the Outbreak community. it would be nice to have a TF2 server though. But I am not sure if it really would poppulate that good.

I think if Outbreak expands any time soon it should stay in CS:S.

Bear in mind this is a prisonbreak community

This is one of the main reasons. However, if Outbreak would expand I don't think it would be another jailbreak :P. I just think TF2 doesn't really fit in the Outbreak community. it would be nice to have a TF2 server though. But I am not sure if it really would poppulate that good.

I think if Outbreak expands any time soon it should stay in CS:S.

I know it's a CSS based community but I think TF2 servers are quite easy to populate because what you find with TF2 is that if someone likes a server they usually go on it for while because there's no point going to another if the maps are good and the players are too, but I see what you're getting at. Just a suggestion to create a bigger player base really.

I've tried it before, I made 3 tf2 servers, only one got poppulated very fast and it was the one which runned the map medieval (a map with Castle and 3checkpoints) and melee weapons allowed only.

the others took twice as long to poppulate. Also keep in mind, TF2 attracts a lot of annoying little children, which is (you can't denie it) very annoying.. I play the game myself, but getting servers in TF2 isn't that good unless you offer something which other server don't have.

I've tried it before, I made 3 tf2 servers, only one got poppulated very fast and it was the one which runned the map medieval (a map with Castle and 3checkpoints) and melee weapons allowed only.

the others took twice as long to poppulate. Also keep in mind, TF2 attracts a lot of annoying little children, which is (you can't denie it) very annoying.. I play the game myself, but getting servers in TF2 isn't that good unless you offer something which other server don't have.

That is true, since it became free a lot of children have nagged their parents to get them a good PC so they can play games such as TF2 and I see what you're saying, but with the right map rotations and what not a server can become quite good, sometimes even a simple server is all people want. A ranking system could be put in place to make people want to become top or something. We could still offer hats and what not too, like effects for hats, colours and so on. But I just thought why not use an extra server just to see how well it goes, but all your points are very valid.

A ranking system could be put in place to make people want to become top or something. We could still offer hats and what not too, like effects for hats, colours and so on.

"like effects for hats, colours and so on."

Oh sweet jesus christ, you have no idea how many people that would bring into the server, only for them to get extremely angry, call our server bullshit, & hate on us for the lifetime, just because they didn't get a certain colour/effect.

With all the new F2P that run around on TF2 now, it will always be hardcore hat-tards, and little children thinking their the bomb because they got a green 'Tower of hats.'

It's certainly not a bad idea, its just that SINGLE idea would create so many problems with banning (eg. people begging admins to give them certain effects/colours because they did something good, or expect us to be charitable.) only for them to come on the forums to badmouth us, threaten us with DDOS attacks, & rape our mothers, because we banned them for doing something retarded, when they had managed to get one of our 'special hat effects'

Tbh, the community would treat us like Jiggly's FunHouse if we did that.

Ranking system you talk about = +5€ / month... A decent rank system like they used on the Surf server costs money.

+ There is a reason why the ranks were removed... (to competitive, etc)

Lots of little children will join the server -> Lots of little children will register here on the forum since the only thing they want is: POWER -> Votekick/ban

As for the thing you said about the choice of maps,etc.. that doesn't work that good.

As mentioned before I had 3 servers in TF2,

° A server in which the objective was to capture the control points

° A server in which the objective was to push the cart to enemy base

° A server with the castle map.

Every server had his own mapcycle, poppular picked maps,etc.. It took way to long to poppulate the payload server & the control point server. The medieval server poppulated pretty fast though. It's not only about the maps.

The thing that makes a server run good are the admins, the mapchoice, the settings of the server, but as well the mods which are installed, etc. If you bring a normal TF2 server online right now than it won't poppulate fast because of the fact that it will just be another server.. If you bring something special to the server, which other servers don't have than you can attract people and let them stay..

Anyway, all these talks won't do a thing unless Kriss or McLovin share their opinion here. And i think that the answer will be:

We first must poppulate the Jailbreak & Surf server more, otherwise our server will just end up like any other community which has a lot of server and where onyl a few players play in.