Sign in to follow this  
FateMaker

How much do you get from donations per month/week

I'd be happy to donate a percentage to keep the server running, if we get into trouble.

Would just need to know how much!

OB is something i spend a fair amount of my free time on so yeah.

The problem with ads is, I use adblock and so do many other people. This prevents getting money from ads as we don't see them. I don't recommend putting ads on here.

The company pays you up front to put advertisements on the website, they don't pay per view, because, well how would they know that someone viewed it? Also there are bound to be many without adblock. The ads won't keep the server going by itself, but it will help contribute.

Another thing, we have only payed once for the dedicated server so its hard to tell how we are holding up.

During the next 2 months I can detirmine if were going to be in trouble.

So its not time for the brown trousers yet

I would lie if I said it would not help although it would make me feel quite guilty getting so much money out of you.

This is basicly why we dont have the whole donation system where you need to pay each month to keep your donator perks. However I now see why some communities do. If some people would donated 5-10 pounds a month it would greatly help with the server costs. But first lets see how it goes for the upcomming months.

Okay, sure man. I know that a bunch of us work, and to be honest, £5-£10 a month isn't a huge deal for those of us working full time. We're not all students, so a good few of us have incomes. Contributing anywhere between 0.5%-1% of my meagre monthly income to keep this going would not bother me at all. :)