Sign in to follow this  
Setsail

Good evening everyone

Good evening everyone.

I believe I already know many of you but for those I don't know my name is Setsail and I enjoy playing CSS and multiple other things. I hope to play on the jailbreak server as much as I can and entertain you all with my non-sensical ramblings.

As a side note could a site admin change my usernames to setsail, in all the excitement of registering I seem to have mispelt my own name. :)

Good day to you all.

Seeing as I've made an application to be member now I thought I'd give a proper introduction now. :D

Name: James (I'm not going to give my last name, people will spend the rest of the thread making strange names up :lol: )

CSS History: I started playing CSS about 3 years ago, in the beginning I played mostly mixes and public, after a few months I discovered surf and joined the (now dead) clan Aurora, in the beginning I was terrible, lucky to surf down a ramp without imploding (people used to call me setfail I was that bad), anyhow I was gradually improving and then a fellow by the name hugenipple broke the server and for a time I cast adrift with no server to play so I played public. But after a month or so the server came back and I played surf again. Aurora gradually went from strength to strength under its leaders, one of whom was new (Mork). Eventually a jailbreak server was made. At around this time I met Mclovin who joined Aurora to become admin from Blaze, being new to jailbreak I was curious but found I enjoyed it immensely and played lots (even though I was shit at this as well), so much in fact that I was asked by one of the founders to become admin on the jailbreak server, which I eventually accepted and for a time it was popular and I was given admin on the surf server as well. Time passed and Aurora closed its jailbreak server and had a public one for a time but this too closed, and I became forum moderator then one of the head admins. Then the surf server started to encounter issues, lag spikes were prevalent and people started to stop playing. It was eventually decided that we get a new server and this one initially worked fine and the people that left started to come back, but then more problems arose and the server was switched again, but it never recovered, an in game shop selling hats and trails was brought in in the hope of revitalising the server but to no avail (this was around 6 months after OB was formed and OB was the only other server I regularly played on other than the Aur surf server). So Aur died and for around a month or 2 I didn't play CSS and concentrated on League and other Single player games, but I couldn't resist forever and eventually I came back and started playing on the OB server, though not much at first and I found I had begun to enjoy my time here and after a few months made an application to be a member which is where we are today.

Hobbies/likes and dislikes: I enjoy learning and my job well suits me because of that. I work as a technical leader which means I handle the technical parts of IT project but it also means I'm expected to be a leader in a specific field (in my case coding and software) which means I am always learning more coding languages and learning new things about new software products as they become available in case they may be beneficial to the company. In any case I have come to be proficient in a number of programming languages including; C#, visual Basic, Java, SQL (If you count that), SAP ABAP, OCaml, C basic, Perl and others that I am capable in but to a lesser extent (on a related note never ever learn OCaml - it will drive you insane with boredom.), I enjoy reading, though I was much faster in the past, in the last few years my eyesight has started to fail a little so I cannot read as fast as I would like (I used to buy books from whsmith in the morning and take them back in the afternoon). I also enjoy playing chess and was at on point at a semi professional level but I didn't have the time to continue. I play multiple instruments but mainly the Saxophone and Piano.

I think that's all for my buffed up introduction. See you in-game. :D

That is a rich history. I had to force myself to read it because the wall of text scared my brain that demands instant humor. But I'm glad I did. History lessons on OB, glorious I say!

But I'm with Mork on this one. Proof of sax skills pls.

<3

leader in a specific field (in my case coding and software)

PREPARE TO BE SWALLOWED BY THE OB TECHNICAL MACHINE

in all serious, hello ^^