Sign in to follow this  
PAINSCOPE!

New players

This may have already been suggested and scrapped but I may have a solution to a fair amount of freekilling.

If it is possible to log how many hours someone plays on OB then perhaps for the first 30-50 they shouldn't be allowed on CT, essentially CT banned until they pass the 30-50 hour mark. It should stop one stop freekillers and give newer players an idea of how to play the game.

Not sure if it's possible to do this and it might be a little unfair on new gamers that are used to jailbreak but I have noticed that even though used to jailbreak do sometimes find OB unfamiliar to their previous servers they've played on.

Any ideas on how effective this might be or any continuing ideas that could serve the same purpose?

Thanks! :ugeek:

Maybe less then, wasn't too sure of a general time frame so went by myself as an example (generally 3 to 4 hours per day, 5 days a week). Basically the equivelant of 2 weeks worth of playing on the server, though 15 hours would probably be applicable too, it just depends on the general hours done by a regular :)

I think this is a good idea, It really annoys me when new players go CT and then complain that they get CT banned because they dident know the rules and its unfair, I played around 20 hours before I even considered going CT

One hour would stop freekillers. Some of our regular CTs are poor imho, and some of them have clocked a lot of hours on the server, so that wouldn't achieve much. It isn't a bad idea to stop most freekillers though.

To be fair, if we could spend some donation money on making this plug in it would help

If you set the time limit before you can be CT to around an Hour, that allows people to get used to the server rules a bit more and it'll also remove about 90% of freekilling

to be fair Pain i would have preferred you to play as terrorist for a whole week before you went on ct. but sadly this was not an option at the time. thanks for positive imput though, i'v noted that you are "putting something back" so to speak :)

Why was the first bit unnecessary? If you want people to play as T for a while, why shouldn't you be exempt? You were hardly the best CT when you started out.

I'm only being fair, as I do think this is a good idea to put a one or two hour time in place where you can only play T.

+1, Seems like a very good idea for preventing freekillers, although i think that it wouldn't help with bad CTs as i think that the only way that they can get good is by playing ct and learning that way. I have just started playing CT and I have played as a T a lot before, I know that im not a great ct but I am trying to learn to be better and I dont think that playing more as a T would help.