Sign in to follow this  
PAINSCOPE!

CT UNBAN/GENERAL UNBAN

UnBan Request:

Player Name (at time of banning): Painscope!

SteamID: Not entirely sure how to get it but can do if instructed D:

Ban Reason Given: Mic spamming, goofiness?, helicopter flying, using mic over commander (linked to mic spamming)

Server Banned From: Outbreak Jailbreak

Why you believe your ban was unfair/disproportionate (Including any evidence to support your claim): Maybe a little too harsh descision, looking for contrasting points of view

As you all know there have been some bad times with me on this forum and some great times in games too (cha cha slide and smashing pumpkins for example). I wish to discuss this with the members/general players and admins but not Gumzter (who gave the ban) as i've heard his opinion but can't really understand his meaning behind it and would like others to clarify.

About...maybe a month ago i'd had issues with Gumzter involving team ratios which was completely solved. I'd been much better in my behaviour and wanted Gumzter's respect and acknowledgement that i'm a good commander as many of you have seen in the past and present.

Yesterday I was playing on the server for about maybe an hour or two and the map changed to training ground (UH OH!). During one of the rounds i'm playing CT and the commander is leading the terrorists to the pit..with all the stands on it? Not sure of the technical term but anyway, he's lead them there and I suggest that we put a spin on the game, that I get the helicopter and fly about above them, meaning they have to jump from pole to pole to avoid it. The commander agreed and so I got the helicopter. As I was flying there I lost control and nearly rammed into two counter terrorists, one of them being Gumzter and caused about 3 or 4 other t's to jump out of the way to their death. Granted it was a super bad situation but a complete accident based on a bug (if you're standing too far to the right in the heli and try to turn left you sometimes lose grip of the joystick). I'm only telling you that part as Gumzter has held me accountable for that in correlation to the future ban which I will explain now.

The following day i'm playing OB again for a good 4 hours and training ground comes up again. I join CT with a good ratio and do some commands for a round or two (when the commander dies etc). With 1 minute to go and the start of the final round I go to the helicopter, as the CT's had control of the T's. I get it and as soon as I fly it Zion starts spamming some pop music over mic, so I spam some Flight of the Valkyrie over that, yet it was actually a lot quieter. I do agree mic spamming is not good in any case and I do agree that I should have been slayed or muted for the rest of the map.

So i'm flying over the central area with the terrorists under control beneath me with Gumzter commanding. I read in chat (late) this from Tiny:

Painscope

STAHP

So I turn quickly pelt it just behind the minefield area and turn off the music just before (gotta be 5 seconds worth of time). I took this warning seriously and landed the helicopter in a safe place without any music or mic spamming happening. I land and the commander is dead so i'm ready to take over commands and deal with rebellious T's when i'm switched to CT and CT banned by Gumzter, who gave no warnings during the round.

Immediately I request to chat with Gumzter on Friends chat as he's got a full friendlist so I can't add him, plus the last time I made a post he requested that I chat to him in steam to solve the issue. I do so and he explains what I did wrong, which I know was wrong and why I stopped.

But during the conversation I can't understand why Zion, who did exactly the same (minus a helicopter) but had also been warning once that map and twice earlier in the day for mic spamming got away scott free as he was mic spamming the same time as me. Gumzter says he'll post our chat onto here to solve it but I said about the last time and how there was little need for a new thread to be opened to solve the issue.

Anyway, we're both not understanding each other and things get heated, insults both ways and he says that he's solved the issue by permanently banning me, which really isn't a solution to the problem as I was more than willing to discuss the issue and find a resolve we could both agree on.

I've played training ground many times and seen many people go in the helicopter, wrongly on my part and theres which is very true but I feel a CT ban seems very harsh as i'm a good CT and very good rebellious detterent when on CT. A slay, mute or even a ban for 30 minutes I would have been understanding about but to stop me doing what I do best on the server (CT) and then perm banning a very regular player, especially when I was soon to consider a trial seems quite harsh.

I just want to say that if you have constrasting feelings i'll do my best to understand them but please don't shout me down on my wrong doings, all I really want is an explination behind the severity of my punishment and disregard for Zion's rulebreaking from other admins/members etc aside from Gumzter as i've heard his opinion which I don't understand.

Thanks guys! I am very sorry for the helicopter and mic spamming :(

First off this is posted in several posts already in this section.

But dont post on ban/unban requests if you are not involved or an admin.

Other then that, I have just read a text from wich I can tell I am not amused.

You state that you are a regular, and thus mostly know the rules. Mic spamming indeed is not allowed nor is talking/using your mic over the commander. As a regular you should know this. I would have actually banned you for a day at this point.

Was it not comming to the point that you were being abusive in the chat later on wich I just read. From all I read is that Gumzter who is in a bad mood after all this and probally is making harsh decisions based on that is only being mocked by you. You are basicly putting oil on fire. (I am not saying that this is good btw, admins should stay and react in a calm way) Until where it came to the point where it became a very personal aproach towards Gumzter. I can understand why he would react this way after reading the the whole conversation.

Tomorrow I am going to have a talk with Twist about this case. Until then your ban will stay.

I do thank you for your opinion too McLovin and I would have accepted the day of banning without question.

The mocking was two ways, i'm obviously going to defend myself if i'm insulted and likewise i'm sure Gumzter would too. I only reacted with mocking because Gumzter has had issues in the past with me and never recognises how well I play when i'm playing seriously, partly because he's not there and so on, which would lead anyone to presume that the person is generally a bad player. I understand that entirely. But you all know me for doing a good job as well as having some troubles on this server. I felt like my achievements were diminished by a single incident etc that why I reacted in such harsh ways and Gumzter reacted back the same way.

I do love playing with you guys :D

In relation to the mic spamming, i actually found it pretty funny - although i did tell you to stop which you complied with.

I couldn't see any warning from Gumzter although i don't remember it perfectly and i could've easily missed something.

For all of that alone i think a ban was a little harsh.

However the steam conversation appears to have gotten out of hand - people need to take some time and cool off. I'd suggest reducing/removing the ban. You should apologise to Gumzter in Steam or at least try to resolve the issues with him.

Im impressed, how many people do not listen to what im saying.

Dont post on here if you are not an admin or involved.

I posted cause Painscope quoted me in the unban request, and i was there (if that was directed towards me) :)

I'm obviously not going to make your descisions for you but could I suggest a CT Unban but a ban for say a week?

Just a suggestion and i'm more than willing to apologise to Gumzter in turn too :)

Me and Mclovin have discussed it and quickly decided your perm ban will be reduced to a 3 week ban.

If you decide to come back after this ban then hopefully you will learn your lesson and not try to deliberately wind up people with your unnecessary crap.

Also I would advise you not to go CT on trainingcamp ever again.

Okay thanks! May I ask a few more questions in relation to this?

- Will the CT ban be lifted at the same time as the general ban?

- Will the issue with Zion be resolved as he did the same as I but recieved no punishment?

I won't go CT on training camp unless advised by an admin to do so. Just to clarify I wasn't trying to wind people up or deliberately cause any animosity with my "unnecessary crap". I was just trying to invoke the response of Tiny, to create humour but i'm sorry it caused tension and backfired.