Sign in to follow this  
Jamie

Couple of ideas, what are everyone's thoughts?

Hi all, so I was thinking of 2 ideas, and maybe talking to Mclovin about implying one of them:

Idea 1, "Achiever status"

This is a steam group dedicated to people that have donated a minimum of £30, must of been awarded any kind of prize in an event and have unlocked the member hat by applying for the vote commands (don't worry the hat is coming soon). These people would be invited to another steam group called |OB| Achiever (feel free to suggest another name) and have their own pink name on the forums!

Idea 2, "|OB| Senior or |OB| Veteran"

As with above there will be a separate forum member group as well as steam group. These people get invites into this group by having donated at least £10, have clocked at least 100 hours on our server(s) and must have participated in at least 2 events. And of course they must already be a member.

What you guys think?

I agree with everything apart from with idea 2 that they need to have donated a minimum of £10.

This is because if you donate you already get donator status and your relevant skins/hats, and i think this should be purely about time and effort devoted to the community + some people cant donate as they are too young to have cards or cant afford it etc.

I like |OB| senior and |OB| veteran, and i think they should be two separate groups.

Maybe for senior 100+ hours, 100+ posts, 2+ events

and for veteran 250+ hours, 250+ posts, 5+ events

or along those lines...

Oh god.... not more work.

I disagree with it though... since not only am I lazy but I dont like the idea of giving extra's above the extra's.

As in people "should" donate for keeping the server up. Not for getting the extra's.

Other then that reallly a pink name on the forum?

As for the second idea there is a flaw. People already make play hours while they are not even member. These should be taken off their play time to become the veteran or something. And this is something that will make everything alot harder.

In the end this will become alot of work. Even though it doesnt seem that way but we are putting in new stuff for the community each week it seems now. And all these things pile up. For instance the vote ban/kick/mute thing. Its a small adjustment on SB but if it piles up with other stuff I have to do its alot of work.

Anyway ill take this up to kriss and discuss with him.

Alright fine but I think we should have an "|OB| Champion" steam group and whoever is our latest event winner (1st place) they also get to wear that tag as well as donator status. I wanted a crown hat for winners but was never added...

The event 1st place winner(s) will also get a server advert pop up for them.

If you don't think that idea is good then u got no imagination!!! This one also isn't hard to manage and I could do this by myself.