Sign in to follow this  
PAINSCOPE!

Gumzter abusing his powers due to personal issues

As a constant player of Outbreak (everyday for at least 4 hours on average) I was playing the training ground map, where myself, Jordan and TinyTerror (member and admin) both decided I should have the responsibility of playing a sound clip through my microphone for a future round, to do a video for the server which would be a dancing video basically. We ended up not doing it on this map and before the final round ended Wist (member) said that I should join CT for the next map so that we could play the game which we had decided upon earlier. I had some problems loading the map up so obviously I didn't get there when the teams were being chosen. I arrived and joined CT as the 5th player to around a dozen to 15 terrorists, which I thought would just be okay. As soon as I joined CT Gumzter says "Painscope, are you fucking kidding me" which he uses when I have joined CT with bad ratio's in the past (accidentally and not), either way it sounds more like a grudge than good tolerating. I explain to him that Wist asked me to join CT next round, and as a member I chose to follow his instruction. Gumzter then dismisses Wist's previous opinion as he's only a member. Gumzter had been in a bad mood since 2pm when I started playing all the way up until 9pm when this incident occured (i'd have breaks inbetween dont worry :P). When Gumzter dismissed Wist's opinion I stated that I preferred Wist's opinion to Gumzter's as I knew he was in a bad mood and had been all day. Gumzter acted hostile by saying "Oh i'm so hurt", which really isn't the way an admin should react to such a statement, it's childish and moronic to a statement which is an opinion of a long time player. I then said to Gumzter that he was being a disrespectful c*nt, agreed that profanity might not have been neccesary but the server does not tolerate member/admin/player disrespect, which Gumzter had shown to both myself and Wist just out of him being in a bad mood. He told me to stop being abusive and banned me not 2 seconds later for half an hour.

I do agree that swearing at him was wrong, though to be fair he did exactly the same and recieved no punishment etc. I have Evoletah (Ellis) as a witness to this and who is a well respected member. I feel I was the recipient of Gumzter's foul mood and was treated unfairly in this regard. I am a friendly player on this server, have great respect for it and it's members/admins but this was an unprovoked and disrespectful attack from Gumzter and I would ask that he be dealt with accordingly.

Thanks,

PAINSCOPE!

Dear Painscope

First of I just wanna say that I liked you but the more time I spend being an admin made me realise how irratating and disrespectful you are.

Even after several times where I tell you stop doing sometime or I swap you to T you ignore it 5min later and do it again. I guess that didn't bother

me when I didn't have to deal with it when I wasn't an admin.

Well let's start with the stuff you do wrong shall we?

- After being swapped to T you either complain or rejoin a few rounds later.

- After being told not to play CT (because of CT whoring) you then join CT again after a couple of rounds.

- You play random sounds/songs over the commander.

- After a mute and a warning you do it again a few minutes later.

- You act like a childish when you play CT, and that sometimes ends in rounds being ruined. (I noticed this and this is why I started to swap you more often since you just ruin rounds when you go CT.

- You ignore the ratios and join CT whenever you feel like it.

- Even after joining CT with fucked ratios, you don't command you just fuck around.

All this started to bother me so much that I wanted to talk to you about it. Today 14-09-2012 when I was playing on CT you join CT. You know that I'll say something to you

Because I've said something to you in the past. You then respond with Wist telling you to go CT on the next map or something like that. Are you kidding me? You go on CT

Because a member tells you too? You ignore the ratios and ignore the fact that the CT's don't need anymore, and if they did someone else then you should have a chance.

That was it! I was going to add you on steam and tell you how I feel about the sitation and that quite frankly it's bothering me and making my job as an admin frustating.

You're a regular I see you on daily but you ignore the fact that I have to swap you and mute you when you do shit wrong. So today when I came on early and swapped you as

usual since you played CT two maps in a row with CT team full. You say that I'm mad... Who wouldn't be? To be honest.

Anyway I wanted to speak to you about all this but as I try to talk to you, you get abusive and call me a cunt. Which results in Twist banning you for 30min.

You then tell Tiny that they should do something about me and give me the blame for banning you. I didn't want to ban you I wanted totalk but instead you complain to admins and write a admin complaint.

If that's how you want it to be then alright.

Lost all respect for you, I hope you don't stay that way Painscope.

You have moved me from CT to T in the past to sort out ratios, I understand that. But when the ratios change against from say 10CT's and 10T's to 3CT's and 17T's, then I feel like i've got a chance to change to CT as the ratios would be fine and i'm perfectly capable of being a counter terrorist as well as a commander. As far as the bulletpoints you have made surely you can see that perhaps some of the time you've been on you have seen that from me, sure, i'm betting quite a lot of players have done that in the past or do that now, infact i've seen exactly the same, though that doesn't mean I do it ALL the time. For the majority of the time i'm actually a pretty good CT who can command and does so well, as well as backing up certain CT's when they need it or killing rebellious terrorists. I am heavily sure this is based on my gameplay on the training ground map due to the helicopter in the past and that's fair, I do admit on that map i'm partial to some helicopter flying, most players are on that map. Yet on 90 to 99% of the other maps i'm focused on the actual role of a counter terrorist, i'm respected as a fellow player by members and admins alike.

To the comment that I know you'll say something to me about joining CT, quite honestly I had no idea you were online. I had spent a good 10 to 15 minutes trying to load up the map and was excited about playing this new game with Wist, Tiny and co. so when I saw there were 4 CT's and a dozen T's I jumped at the chance, as those ratios are just about correct (1/3 has been the correct ratio in the past and I have not been switched for it by any admins in the past other than yourself and Sholto, Sholto only liking 4 or 5 CT's on any maps regardless of terrorist numbers).

It's true that I played training ground as a counter terrorist but only for half of the round and the maximum you can have are 7 CT's (I was the 6th), yet there was no problem there and I was not switched or told to change teams by yourself or any of the other admins. Yes I do respect Wist's suggestion that I should join the CT team because he is a member of the server and with respect to him and the server itself I felt it was the right thing to do, especially considering others wanted me to play the game aswell.

I do agree my swearing was wrong, but it was two sided. Your opinions on this matter as respected but very subjective as they're based on one map and my actions on there, I guarantee a lot of other players, members and admins alike would have some bad things to say about me but mostly good, that I do my role as a counter terrorist, have the ability to command as well as deal with rebelling or escaping terrorists without breaking any server rules.

I've only read the first post but what I can see is Gumzter doing his job and simply being annoyed that people question him doing so. The fact you actually had the arrogance to call it "an unprovoked and disrespectful attack" is plain pathetic and it seems like you were the one being abusive, not him...

What_Am_I_Reading_News_Couple_names_baby_girl_Like-s540x726-304193-580.jpg

I believe it was unprovoked as I was requested to join CT by another member, if Gumzter had asked me nicely i'd have absolutely changed teams or even if he switched me then there'd be no dispute. The fact he swore at me is what I partly have a problem with, granted he may have switched me in the past, that's fair, but as an admin would you not agree it's better to keep your cool and deal with the situation promptly and easily. Gumzter said he wanted to talk about it after, why not switch me politely and then talk to me, not swear at me then pretend to be the nice guy. I don't question him changing me from CT to T due to ratio, I question his attitude about the issue at hand. As i've said if he asked me politely and told me not to be a CT in the future I would have done so without question. The fact is that he didn't ask me not to be a CT in the future, he just asks me on seperate occasions based on ratios, which I can absolutely understand and have had no dispute about.

Are you fucking kidding me? - What I said. Not insulting him so I don't get his problem when it comes to swearing. I said fucking in a 16+ game.

Him: disrespectful c*nt - Insults me.

The fact he swore at me is what I partly have a problem with

So you are stating that your problem is me saying: Are you fucking kidding me?

This thread is about an admin swearing?

And last thing I have to say in this thread. Didn't you read the huge post I posted to your thread? Stating that I've swapped you several times before in a kind matter? Which you can't deny!

The fact he swore at me is what I partly have a problem with

"Painscope, are you fucking kidding me", Lets remember this is a mature game, if you honestly can't handle someone swearing (which happens every 20 seconds on the server) why haven't you made more complaints?

Its not like it says "Painscope go fuck yourself you jabby little cuntbag with a can of coke ontop"

Ofcourse I can understand swearing, but his attitude was the problem. Do you not agree it could have been solved easier than patronising me with the statement "Are you fucking kidding me"?

My reason for the post is that I was treated disrespectfully for a very minor problem, which I felt was unfair. Gumzter, I did read it thankyou, did you read my reply when I said that you've been right to in some previous incidents, it does not mean you've told me never to go back to CT which is a completely different issue resulting in a CT ban ofcourse.

Lets solve the problem.

My opinion : >Execute gumzter<

Seriously, starting a topic for this? This discussion should've ended after a neutral person gave his opinion, here biggles.

Edited by Guest

So from reading all this text I can conclude that this is essentially about Gumzter swapping you from CT to T. (Since he is doing his job of maintaining a good ratio.)

Listen, if an admin states If I swap you dont swap back... wich believe me is one of the most common things that is said on the server. You dont swap back... its as simple as that. Thats about the swapping part.

I dont like how your hiding behind the oppinion off Wist and Tiny. All I can read from your text if im not mistaken. Is that you thought of a good idea and wist said: Why not join CT next map to try it out. The fact that Gumzter maybe could not have seen/heard this is quite big. The fact that he is maintaining the ratio on the server to preserve the playstyle on the server is even bigger. Other then that yes a Moderator decision on the server is indeed higher then a Member. Thats why they are moderator since they need to maintain the normal way of going on the server.

It is pretty simple really, you will only get respect if you show respect yourself.

Since essentially all he is doing is his job.

What would you think if you were a window cleaner you cleaned a whole window then some boy runs past and spits on it. So you need to do it again. Its the same thing. So what does this have to do with the respect part, well basicly if an admin does something like for instance a mute or the swapping and you got warned dont do it again... it is quite disrespectfull after getting another chance and a warning to do it again.

All I am saying is, this all started with swapping and ended up in a ban due to being offensive.

Also as for Gumzter being abusive/disrespectfull?

"Painscope, are you fucking kidding me"

"Oh i'm so hurt"

This is the internet and honnestly... I dont see anything disrespectfull in this. (Atleast not after what happend before all this.)

I think it could have been handled a lot nicer than it was. I had only just joined that time, he did not warn me about it on the previous map where the ratio was exactly same and did not swap me over because of it. Exactly as I join CT on the following map he essentially begins shouting at me (what could be comprehended as shouting via text). Like I said I play this server for at least 4 hours of every day and love it, i've had no issues like this before and respect other players that show me respect. This wasn't a case of rejoining CT when i'd been switched, it was just me being switched in a disrespectful and patronising way. I don't doubt Gumzter had every right to switch me due to ratio, it was just the manner in which he did it which I didn't like as if my opinions were not of any importance. I've played on this server with both you (mclovin) and biggles before and have had no complaints from you as regards to my playing. I understand you are going to defend your admin because if he were in the wrong it'd fall back on you guys too but at least see this from my point of view. I join the game unknowing of Gumzter being on and the ratio was 1/3 which has always been fine for me to join in the past. Then Gumzter singles me out and says that, i'm thinking what the hell? I've just joined to a fair team for the purpose of playing an interesting game that 4 players agreed on (2 of them being members, 1 being an admin). Things just escalated from there on. I've just learned that i'll ask admins if I can join CT before I do, even if the ratio is off just so I don't get shunned for trying to have fun on the server.

Just read the second part Proxima (distracted by the tigers :P), I asked two admins on the server while playing where I should voice my complaint and they said on the forums. I've never been on here before except to watch a video uploaded by Jordan, so I couldn't find the complaints section which resulted on me starting this new topic on general chat (it was then moved by Gumzter which is fair enough :P)