Sign in to follow this  
AlmightyJosh

Lag.

So recently as many people know during gathers and other stuff i have been lagging my ass to the point where the game is now not enjoyable nor playable for myself.

i was wondering if some people may of had this themself and found a solution to it.

a few things you should know :

1. My ping is normally like 32 - 22

2. I know people who have shitter internet then myself yet they do not get this problem.

3. During games i will randomly stutter and lag side to side when trying to peak and shoot etc, Making my aim off and myself unpeak at the worst of times.

4. send help.

If anyone has any suggestions on how i can fix this damn lag and get rid of it please comment below.

(And no i cannot "switch providers" as my parents control which provider and dont understand the struggle of a gamer, Cri)

My advice would just to check, using the task manager, wherever you have something that lags your internet. For example Utorrent needs to be closed down as it goes into a back ground app when you cross it off and leeches your internet big time.

I don't really think there's a way to solve it EXCEPT CHANGING YE PROVIDER. Which isn't happening apparently. Literally the best internet providers are virgin Media hands down. Aw well.

Check with what providers these people have too, then you can actually find out wherever that's the actual problem or not. - He's with Talk Talk btw Jam.

Edited by Guest

Are you with BT?

Also, have net_graph 1 turned on. When the lag happens is your loss% going up? If it is then it's packet loss, something i have suffered with a few times.

No, When i have net graph open it shows it as FPS: 60-80 and 0% on loss etc. So im really unsure whats causing it

Hmm I used to have lag when playing on the ob event server so I guess I had the same issure as you. After noticing that restarting my router and doing other stuff wouldn't fix it, I tried reinstalling the game, and haven't had that issue anymore. Have in mind that in that server I used to play at 100 ms more or less and after I fixed the problem got to lower it to 80 if I remember well (I don't understand why reinstalling lowered my ping haha). So, if it isn't too much of a problem try reinstalling or verifying cache integrity, I don't really know. I hope I was useful!