Sign in to follow this  
MrGibbyGibson

CS:GO MLG Columbus Main Qualifier

Well about half way through it we can safely assume the following things:

Team YP are god awful, it could be due to the two stand-ins but it was easily the worst performance at a major event. 3-32 on round scores..

Group A is gonna have awesome matches, with anyone in that group standing a possibility of not doing well (G2 go through i think though) Tempo did well vs G2 and are genuine contenders for a chance. Selfless are probably the one's not to win but it all depends on Koosta and if Tempo continue to show their skill in the limelight. If selfless win i see Flip and G2 going through. If Tempo wins i can see Tempo going into the Bo3 against (presumably) Flip and I think they could possibly pull something out of the bag. F3 don't have someone who can carry or really shine. World Edit is a solid player and so is Bondik but Shara is new and not doing well.

Liquid vs HR will honestly be the best game. HR won the first game by a very tight margin. In a BO3 I can't see Liquid losing it, Liquid have Simple Hiko Nitro who are easily the best players in NA (Nitro for me is the best NA player while simple is the best actually playing in that scene) I think HR might take one map, but Liquid will either 2-1 or 2-0 in entertaining style.

Group C is just boring, the Mongolz weren't able to make it and it's very sad.. Splyce shouldn't even really be there..

Group D, Renegades have just been horrible and Gambit Gaming could take 1 map but I think this is going to be Dig and C9 winning easily. C9 however have been bad of late with N0thing as the 'Great' IGL he is. Dig have been doing well recently and they are even stronger even after losing their two best players.

It's not all about if one guy shows up, especially a stand-in for a team (Koosta)

Also - although individually skilled, CS is a team game and Liquid are clearly struggling with recent results.

You can't just throw the top 5 players in the world on a team and expect them to be top 5, it doesn't work that way

It's not all about if one guy shows up, especially a stand-in for a team (Koosta)

Also - although individually skilled, CS is a team game and Liquid are clearly struggling with recent results.

You can't just throw the top 5 players in the world on a team and expect them to be top 5, it doesn't work that way

That's completely true, but regarding to the fact that HR were lucky to be even in this Qualifier after how terrible they were in the Minor (They could have got through via the last chance) They completely lacked in all departments and just made so many mistakes. They did, however, win the first game vs Liquid on Dust 2 which in Theory Liquid should be able to do well on...

Also Tempo should really beat Selfless, the only way selfless could win IF Koosta does very well (They can win without him but it doesn't seem as likely if he doesn't do very well). Koosta is a stand-in but it's for the team he just quit and he knows how the system works etc.

I also don't agree with how Liquid are building their team, Sure Koosta is great and all but it just completely lacks any sort of balance. Who's going to throw the flashes for their team mates here? What positions are people going to play stuff like that. Koosta will take the AWP over S1mple, which can work out since S1mple is incredible on either AWP or rifle. They'll have no one calling though.. (apparently GBJames will help..)