Sign in to follow this  
Rumple Forskin

Ob textures and football help

Hey , so i am very close to finishing my map jb_virtual , and have reached a small dilemma with the assets pack and football and slide , now for the OB assets pack i have moved all the files correctly into my user and all that , they apear in sdk , yet when i place it on the block , (is purple and black dotted obvs) , and compile that certain part of my map , the textures are not showing , it only displays a black texture . Also with the football i have tried the func_phyc or what ever and messed around with the values and can not find out how to make a football that moves nicely. And finally , slide is straight forward with a trigger_slide , then choose direction yet i find on my slide , it only works half way down the trigger , and the first half of the slide does not push the player . Any help would be much appreciated . Cheers <£

So lets tackle these issues 1 by 1.

First of all the Outbreak_mapper assets. Once you download the zip you should extract the folders inside of it and put them into your csgo folder along with all your other assets.

You should be able to place down these materials with the infodecal or info_overlay options and place down the models with props.

For a football you have two choices.

#1. Use the Football in the OB asset pack, however that might not be the most up to date version, I will have to check soon. Give this a low mass scale and it'll be fine.

#2. Create a spherical brush with a lot of sides and is sized between 20x20x20 and 30x30x30. Turn this into either a func_physbox or func_physbox_multiplayer. Give this a low mass, I also suggest removing all damping and rot damping if possible.

Finally for the slide. I am unaware of trigger_slide, I recommend using a trigger_push and making sure that everything in your slide is using it.

Anymore questions just pop them here. :)

the mass scale i put to - figures and had no effect

Mass scale is a multiplier for how the objects initial massive will be handled, so putting it below 0 would just result in negative mass which is impossible. What you should do is get it lower than 1 but more than 0, a good example of this would be 0.1 which is 10% of the initial mass.

I assume your talking about having an invisible barrier to keep the ball in the football area but allowing players to walk through it. This is simple enough.

- If you don't already, add a filter for the ball. You can do this by adding a filter_activator_name with a Filter name pointing to your football object and the targetname something like "football_filter"

- Surround your football pitch with brushes that have the tools/toolsinvisible texture. Turn these into a func_clip_vphysics has has a Filter name pointing to the filter made in the previous step.

This is essentially create a wall that only the football can hit, therefore won't be able to leave the football area.

That clearly isn't enough information for me to work out why it's not working however I recommend copying the game to new map and seeing if that crashes and removing the game from the current map and seeing if that crashes. Then you can work out what is causing the crash and get rid of it.

Now sure how much it'll help you but all the times that my maps have crashed on loading resources is when the map's too big (for me it's been both the model limit and (I think) the vertex limit). If it's only happened after you made a new climb it could be due to the map size; I'd recommend first testing without the climb but then maybe without some other part, but keeping the climb in. That'd help narrow down whether or not the climb's the issue.