Sign in to follow this  
Skillershark

Creativity

Intro

So creativity can be a factor in a lot of things. Whether it is posting on the forums or commanding on jailbreak, it comes into the community a lot. The only thing is, lots of people are very creative but don't use that creativity as well as they could be able to.

Commanding

With commanding, you generally have the same. Start the round, get rid of guns, make sure no one knifes the vent,etc. A lot of this is necessary. Commanding is much harder when the ts have a pistol in the stack, so getting rid of it before they stack is generally a good idea. And on most maps, you have to stack them in the same place, because there aren't really many other places to put them. Sometimes, though, you can try something new. That vent that leads to disco- why not send them through that? It's always good to see a bit of change in the rounds and, even if it fails, it's always worth it to try something new. This goes for games as well - sometimes, you wont know what to play, so you just do the standard slide race or whatever. But if you can think of something new, why not try it out? It's always worth a shot, and losing a round to a game just lets you learn what to do next time to make rebelling harder.

Last Request

Yes, there are only a set amount of LRs you can actually choose from, but you can set certain rules for your LR. Why do the standard "run, jump, throw, furthest this way" all the time, when you can try something new, like a noscope battle shot4shot, or a dodge ball climb? Yes, some of your ideas are most likely going to fail, but it's always worth a shot to do something new. You never know, it could be a really good idea that everyone starts using.

Posting on Forums

A lot of people don't really make their own threads, and I think it's a shame really. Some people have really good ideas, and I'm sure them making their own threads would only improve the forums. Even when you don't have the best English skills or you're not so good at making threads, give it a try, it can help your English a bit if you practice it, and people may enjoy reading what you have to say. Putting some creative ideas into your threads is even better, people love to see something new and interesting pop up every now and then, like cool little games or things of the sort.

Conclusion

By simply putting a little bit of thought into what you do and what you post, you can make outbreak a little more enjoyable for everyone. So next time you think of a great game for when you command or a cool forum post, don't just shrug it off. Try it out, and it might just be awesome.

There are a few different custom LRs that weve seen work, and some not work. I might try some different LRs however to whats usually done every so often.

I remember blyss trying something one day on the Minecraft map to see if it work work. He decided to drug us all and make us all do death run. The funny part on that is drugs was bugged and we all fell in the first lava pit (which you cant get out from) and 22 Ts died within 10 seconds lmfao.

Mods & Admins have access to a few other things which normal people dont have, so they are able to gain some extras from the rounds they do. Sometimes we can get some different rounds (e.g. on peanut, i put all the Ts into one cell and made them brawl till one survived. Quick round, but was fun imo lel. Massive bloodbath it was.) when we request for some admin enforced commands (free for all, drugs etc) but most of the time, mods and admins are boring. With their being new maps added (and there being quite a few now) we can start trying new things in JB. Ofcourse, easy rebel, however theres been a couple new games which have been quite fun (eg Duck Hunt, Ts fly in the air and CTs try to awp them down; Skiing, longer surfing etc etc)

The forums isnt used too much. I usually post about 3-4 times in the morning @ workalele, then thats about all I can post on which is new for the rest of the day, then catch up the following day, so on so forth. Maybe integrating new sections, like a Gaming section, Coders section (as some example) could bring some more posts in.

I have noticed that you do love to make quite big threads however. That can give more to talk about, which is to have multiple things to go into from the main post.

Shouldnt this be in the jail break section?

I was wondering, but wasn't quite sure, because there's stuff in there about forums as well.

^ - Id say general as it includes the forum. But see what a mod / admin do :lol:

It's in a good place dw.

Anyways.

Yh i do have a couple new games in mind, but it is pretty challenging to think of one that would work well, i don't really like testing bad ideas. Most of my inspiration comes from other people who warden and do a different game or a weird jailbreak map that has unique minigames. Will test my ideas when there's a good map tho. :)

when we request for some admin enforced commands (free for all, drugs etc) but most of the time, mods and admins are boring.

In reply to that, you can't really have drugs etc, all the time. Tbh it's like a mini special thing (was gonna say day but that doesn't really fit), the more you do those commands, the more boring those commands will get over time, special days are special days, can't have too many, you gotta earn it. I tend to not use those commands anymore in my games, but if i feel not many T's have rebelled in the round, I'll make a twist to a map game or something idk.

1b8fc9f7e624eb605cc4beb8ce9b162c.jpg

Creativity for commanding is absolutely the best thing for any jailbreak type of server (any game). The main reason for a mod server is to have fun, different type of fun than what the original game strives for. I always support ct's experimenting with games and options to spread the atmosphere than just command for the sake of doing the day. But the rule of delaying is something I look as a problem because some administrators or moderators won't understand the experimental game and take it as delaying which will swiftly end into someone's death. That's not their fault because they are just doing their job as the rules inscribe. But considering that any game that is experimented upon and with will require some time to be delivered into a simple format understandable for everyone. And as you touched upon the language barrier in your other paragraph, not everyone is an english speaker and not everyone has an enticing way of explaining their motives and mechanics for the new day/game.

Last Request is pretty weird in the server, apparently some rebel options are non-functional. Isn't this a rather urgent problem that demands attention due to narrowing the last request options to just 3 or 4, I don't really know if there is a probability to work around the broken features of the plugin, however last request is a pretty vital component to any jailbreak server, second to creativity and commanding. A t shouldn't be constricted to just be repetitive in last request which would rely on a minor skillset to outperform the opponent.

Forum use: As I have spoken with few outbreak members, I have been told of a drop of usage due to individual cases. But what bothers is me how can a sole server and teamspeak server house so many people yet most of them don't have accounts on the forums. Considering that the actual jailbreak servers has a daily peak time which is impossible to join. I'm not gonna shoot hypothesis of why is that because I have no evidence or claim as I'm pretty new myself to form opinions.

In reply to that, you can't really have drugs etc, all the time. Tbh it's like a mini special thing (was gonna say day but that doesn't really fit), the more you do those commands, the more boring those commands will get over time, special days are special days, can't have too many, you gotta earn it. I tend to not use those commands anymore in my games, but if i feel not many T's have rebelled in the round, I'll make a twist to a map game or something idk.

1b8fc9f7e624eb605cc4beb8ce9b162c.jpg

I dont mean for it to happen all the time ofcourse. And for it to not be as much of a 'admin enforced special day', just to happen during rounds mainly.

We really need some new special days however. Apparently mods cant use FFA anymore? O.o

when we request for some admin enforced commands (free for all, drugs etc) but most of the time, mods and admins are boring.

This.

Just because admins doesn't wanna fullfill your wish about having a "drugday" doesn't mean they are boring. Imagine a full server, now imagine the commander asks for a "drugday." ok so there are 27 T's and 5 CT's, admin put on the drug and everyones screen starts flashing in colours. Some people dislike the drug command (as of myself) it gives me an massive headache and I am pretty sure it's not only me. Anyways, admins might say "If you don't want it just tell me." not everyone will type/talk just to get rid of it. To use the !drug command when the full server is alive (start of round) is a pure nope, however if the server is less populated/small amount of T's left and they all agree on being drugged go for it.

I've seen a few moderators turning on drugs for people when they do skipping or for example blinding them. Depending on the person getting this it can be fun (for that person) or not.

Just remember, what you think is fun, might not be fun for everyone.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The crime of homosexuality is one of the greatest of crimes, the worst of sins and the most abhorrent of deeds, and Allaah punished those who did it in a way that He did not punish other nations. It is indicative of violation of the fitrah, total misguidance, weak intellect and lack of religious commitment, and it is a sign of doom and deprivation of the mercy of Allaah. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) Loot (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)?

81. ‘Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (by committing great sins).’

82. And the answer of his people was only that they said: ‘Drive them out of your town, these are indeed men who want to be pure (from sins)!’

83. Then We saved him and his family, except his wife; she was of those who remained behind (in the torment).

84. And We rained down on them a rain (of stones). Then see what was the end of the Mujrimoon (criminals, polytheists and sinners)”

[al-A’raaf 7:80-84]

“Verily, by your life (O Muhammad), in their wild intoxication, they were wandering blindly.

73. So As‑Saihah (torment — awful cry) overtook them at the time of sunrise.

74. And We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.

75. Surely, in this are signs for those who see (or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of Allaah).

76. And verily, they (the cities) were right on the highroad (from Makkah to Syria, i.e. the place where the Dead Sea is now)”

[al-Hijr 15:72-76]

al-Tirmidhi (1456), Abu Dawood (4462)and Ibn Maajah (2561) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Ahmad (2915) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “May Allaah curse the one who does the action of the people of Loot, may Allaah curse the one who does the action of the people of Loot,” three times. This was classed as hasan by Shu’ayb al-Arna’oot in Tahqeeq al-Musnad.

The Sahaabah were unanimously agreed on the execution of homosexuals, but they differed as to how they were to be executed. Some of them were of the view that they should be burned with fire, which was the view of ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) and also of Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him), as we shall see below. And some of them thought that they should be thrown down from a high place then have stones thrown at them. This was the view of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him).

Some of them thought that they should be stoned to death, which was narrated from both ‘Ali and Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them).

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The crime of homosexuality is one of the greatest of crimes, the worst of sins and the most abhorrent of deeds, and Allaah punished those who did it in a way that He did not punish other nations. It is indicative of violation of the fitrah, total misguidance, weak intellect and lack of religious commitment, and it is a sign of doom and deprivation of the mercy of Allaah. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

“And (remember) Loot (Lot), when he said to his people: ‘Do you commit the worst sin such as none preceding you has committed in the ‘Aalameen (mankind and jinn)?

81. ‘Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Nay, but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (by committing great sins).’

82. And the answer of his people was only that they said: ‘Drive them out of your town, these are indeed men who want to be pure (from sins)!’

83. Then We saved him and his family, except his wife; she was of those who remained behind (in the torment).

84. And We rained down on them a rain (of stones). Then see what was the end of the Mujrimoon (criminals, polytheists and sinners)”

“Verily, by your life (O Muhammad), in their wild intoxication, they were wandering blindly.

74. And We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay.

75. Surely, in this are signs for those who see (or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of Allaah).

76. And verily, they (the cities) were right on the highroad (from Makkah to Syria, i.e. the place where the Dead Sea is now)”

al-Tirmidhi (1456), Abu Dawood (4462)and Ibn Maajah (2561) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever you find doing the action of the people of Loot, execute the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Ahmad (2915) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “May Allaah curse the one who does the action of the people of Loot, may Allaah curse the one who does the action of the people of Loot,” three times. This was classed as hasan by Shu’ayb al-Arna’oot in Tahqeeq al-Musnad.

The Sahaabah were unanimously agreed on the execution of homosexuals, but they differed as to how they were to be executed. Some of them were of the view that they should be burned with fire, which was the view of ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) and also of Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him), as we shall see below. And some of them thought that they should be thrown down from a high place then have stones thrown at them. This was the view of Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him).

Some of them thought that they should be stoned to death, which was narrated from both ‘Ali and Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with them).

...okay?

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

I think we've lost him boys and girls. ;)