Sign in to follow this  
Finnley

Anyone here knows C programming language?

For school I have an assignment in C programming with a microcontroller, but I am a little bit stuck. I feel like there is a lot of tech-nerds like me on this forum so maybe there is hope :P

I need to make a userinterface with AVR that allows me to send bitpatterns from e.g. Putty to the microcontroller (Atmel ATmega328p). Right now I have made a function for initializing the UART aaand basically im stuck there.

Cheers if you can help me :D

I used to code C# on a few emulators, (MySQL DB Injector pools) for a couple games. Did a course and came out top marker (most marks from the people on our course) for C# too, yet know very little about it personally.

However, C++ is something i know nothing of, even though it has the same type variables, to some extent

Please ask a question otherwise this thread is just looking for people who may or may not know C then finally coming to the question.

So what is your C programming problem?

- Break up your tasks into managable sections, separate those sections into function creation, class creation and abstraction, create the program.

Well, as I explained I need to make a terminal (putty) to communicate with my microprocessor (ATmega328p), but I don't know how exactly... If there is actually someone who can help me with this I rather explain the whole problem and discuss on teamspeak, because it is just too complicated to do it in a few posts and replies...

I don't mean to sound rude or something, but Google is probably more helpful than people here. Or maybe look up what has been explained in class or something, there must be some notes that help you do what you want. Also, I don't know C.

And btw, someone can know programming and not being a "tech-nerd".

Import java.util*

scanner = new scanner

{ System.out.println ("Hello world");

}

This is not Javascript, this is Java. There is a fundamental difference. Random other thing, what is this code? Why are you importing java.util, or even creating a scanner? You're not reading in any input :P. You seem to have no class or main, which implies some other language. But you're using java imports? A better solution might be:

public class HelloWorld {
    public static void main(String[] args) {
        System.out.println("Hello, World");
    }
}

For school I have an assignment in C programming with a microcontroller, but I am a little bit stuck.

Stupid question, but are you sure it's C? Not like C++ or C#. They're far more common for micro controllers (AFAIK).

ask popey

C is one of the languages I don't actually know, really should get to grips with it though. I know Obj C and C#, which I assume have similar syntactical qualities, so if you have any existing code/want any algorithms written up, I would be happy to help!

Otherwise, stackoverflow.com is your friend. Literally a life saver for programming, ask it a question, you'll usually get an answer back. Just make sure it's high-quality and reads vaguely nicely. Also, what Skeff said is REALLY important. Manageable parts can be decoded, one massive project can't. Divide and conquer.

Yeah try stack overflow and google, as Storm said it has your answer 90% of the time. I would help but I am learning Java after using VB.NET so I don't have any knowledge on the C language yet, I think we use it during 2nd year.

I recently looked at some of my old C++ coursework I did last year and I was both impressed at all my pointers and notation however I was quite upset at the terrible lack of ternary operators and lack of object knowledge, however it was just a coding exercise and a great learning experience.