Sign in to follow this  
DylanThomas

How can I make my slow country broadband faster?

Really? I didn't think that the actual machine made much difference.

Its minor but it matters. Let me explain it in a way you will understand mintlou.

Imagine Internet data is a cock.

a pc is your asshole. Now if your asshole is old rusty and unused it will be fine taking 600mb wang with little struggle. But an 8gb racially accurate mega dong? I think not. So imagine a fresh up to date pc as a well lubed widened chocolate starfish.

It will quite easily take multiple 8gb johnsons with little effort. Plus no bleeding or screaming like the other pc!

Grade a bullying by the community here.

anyway dylan. You need a better modem/faster computer to make better use of an internet connection that is fast. If my computer was fresh and new it couls easily hit 100mps download

But I have a new computer that I got in Christmas 2013?

I don't see how that would degrade my internet connection if I had an old computer?

Wow, Gaz.

Dylan: your ISP has probs dropped your bandwith gradually (as someone's said), so I'd advise getting your parents to ring and to ask what the bandwidth cap is at, and trying to get it made higher. That, and maybe BT is just a bad provider in your area. I was with Plusnet, who were awful, before switching to Sky, who are amazing. But that;s just for my area. It varies massively from place to place.

Wow, Gaz.

Dylan: your ISP has probs dropped your bandwith gradually (as someone's said), so I'd advise getting your parents to ring and to ask what the bandwidth cap is at, and trying to get it made higher. That, and maybe BT is just a bad provider in your area. I was with Plusnet, who were awful, before switching to Sky, who are amazing. But that;s just for my area. It varies massively from place to place.

BT is "totally unlimited" so that means no fair usage policy for torrents, youtube, games etc;

I think we are switching to sky as we already have sky TV so it would just band into the contract, if you know what I mean.

"fair usage policy for torrents"

I hope you're not referring to pirating

Not all torrents are piracy;

Also try using a wired connection if you can, you'll get a fair bit more out of your net.

If you do hammer your internet the speed will eventually get capped, in the contract your mother probably signed it will say UP TO 12mbps or something along them lines

"fair usage policy for torrents"

I hope you're not referring to pirating

Not all torrents are piracy;

Also try using a wired connection if you can, you'll get a fair bit more out of your net.

If you do hammer your internet the speed will eventually get capped, in the contract your mother probably signed it will say UP TO 12mbps or something along them lines

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/deta ... ZSbA%3D%3D