Sign in to follow this  
haydo

A foroum shoutbox?

Another useful idea for the forum would be a shoutbox on the index page. This makes it easier for forum users to communicate with each other without PMing each user sperately. It would also be useful for mods and admins topost announcements and it would also make it easier to notify them about any problems. This would be way easier than making a new thread for every single thing and would speed things up here on the forums.

hmm could work i actually like the sound of this

Thanks. I'm fairly sure there is a few easy to install ones for PHPbb. I've only ever maintained a forum using Vbulletin and the shoutbox on that was fairly easy to install and use.

we do need to communicate a lot more on updates, events and ideas , also if a member leaves or a admin hate all this cloak and dagger shit

Aye, I'd love to give a hand with events and updates and stuff like that. Not really a member atm but I have a lot of free time and I can be as creative as fuck sometimes.

Still think there could be use but after some thought it would get abused.

Aye, I'd love to give a hand with events and updates and stuff like that. Not really a member atm but I have a lot of free time and I can be as creative as fuck sometimes.

For now help us pop the servers, goes a long way but thanks for the offer of help, try and think of some new games we can do on jail break always helps

Still think there could be use but after some thought it would get abused.

I doubt it could be abused. They are so easy to maintain, for mods you literally click a little X and it deletes what ever the user typed

This subject has been discussed so many times before, honnestly I know you are trying to be helpfull.

Although please search for threads about the same subject before making a new one.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1307

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2921

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=908

Those 3 are old threads about the shoutbox.

I have been against the shoutbox and I still am, it would decrease the postcount and in the end the forum usage.

Besides we already have numerous ways of communicating: Ingame chat/voice, TeamSpeak, Steam, and last but certainly not least our forum. Besides I have seen it and tested it in different communities with bad results. Spam, off topic bullshit or even abuse for everyone to see.