Sign in to follow this  
TommyB

Garry's Mod

Hey guys!

I've been recently looking for a new game to play and Garry's Mod seems to be a game in which people talk about; but one in which I have never experienced. I was just wondering if anyone could give me their insight into the game? What is the purpose (something that confuses me)? Your opinion?

On the other hand, if there is any other games you guys have recently got into talk about these as well.

Gmod is a massive sandbox game. you get to create just about anything, and there are also "workshop" items that you can download as well. In addition to the regular sandbox mode, there are a bunch of other gamemodes such as Trouble in Terrorist Town (where you're placed with a bunch of fellow terrorists, some of them are traitors and they need to kill off all of the other terrorists, but you don't know who they are and have to find out), Zombie Survival (you get upgrades and try to hold up somewhere to fend off waves of player-controlled zombies in numerous varieties), Roleplay servers, PERP (don't play that), Deathrun, etc.

Frankly I think it's worth your money, but make sure you have Hl2 in addition to CSS (otherwise you're going to be seeing a lot of missing textures/ERRORS on the other gamemode servers

Personally I think more OB related people play TF2 then Gmod. (Not me though I hate TF2)

I have Gmod myself I am not that big of a fan, don't know it never really struck me.

Only fun I had on it was Dark RPG.

To be fair we also have a lot of Leage of Legends Players and I believe minecraft and Terraria are played alot aswell.

Don't know any more games loads of people play though. Perhaps DayZ Mod on ARMA II.

I mean in the end Css is where you'll find us all.

Don't listen to Doom blade, Perp is amazing.

I used to play a pretty good game mode in GMOD before the server went down, this game-mode is named "perp"

Basically what this is is, a game-mode mostly used for roleplay (RP)

Within this game-mode you can play as either a cop (arresting and roleplaying car searches & stuff) Fire fighter (obvious job, putting out fires) or medic (obv again healing people)

You can also play as a civ, when civ you can grow drugs, you can grow cocaine, weed & shrooms, you can also buy and sell stuff like Mighty Muscle, lsd etc. You can also make guns & raid people for there drugs and cars (This is wicked on serious roleplay other than semi-serious as people have to act it out, for eg, your holding a gun at someone and they just take out a gun and kill you, pretty shit huh)

There is loads for stuff to do like buy and sell cars, I once did a car auction (srs) and there must have been 55 people turned up and actually acted it out, they sat on chairs, I got a guy to bring in the car and they had to /handup if they wanted to buy it, pretty cool

There's alot more to do on there, this is all i can be arsed to write, i'd seriously reccomend having a look at it tho)

yester

I used to play a pretty good game mode in GMOD before the server went down, this game-mode is named "perp"

Within this game-mode you can play as either a cop (arresting and roleplaying car searches & stuff) Fire fighter (obvious job, putting out fires) or medic (obv again healing people)

You can also play as a civ, when civ you can grow drugs, you can grow cocaine, weed & shrooms, you can also buy and sell stuff like Mighty Muscle, lsd etc. You can also make guns & raid people for there drugs and cars (This is wicked on serious roleplay other than semi-serious as people have to act it out, for eg, your holding a gun at someone and they just take out a gun and kill you, pretty shit huh)

There is loads for stuff to do like buy and sell cars, I once did a car auction (srs) and there must have been 55 people turned up and actually acted it out, they sat on chairs, I got a guy to bring in the car and they had to /handup if they wanted to buy it, pretty cool

There's alot more to do on there, this is all i can be arsed to write, i'd seriously reccomend having a look at it tho)

yester

Wow.

A lot of the stuff you listed there can also be done in DarkRP. The "Fear Roleplay" rule is absolute shit, because you're not allowed to defend yourself when held at gunpoint. Also some of the things that count as metagaming are ludicrous (e.g. you can't use someone's username in-character). PERP is designed to make things as realistic as possible, and doing something even slightly unrealistic can get you severely punished. If you have no imagination or sense of creativity, however, then by all means this is the gamemode for you.

yester

Wow.

A lot of the stuff you listed there can also be done in DarkRP. The "Fear Roleplay" rule is absolute shit, because you're not allowed to defend yourself when held at gunpoint. Also some of the things that count as metagaming are ludicrous (e.g. you can't use someone's username in-character). PERP is designed to make things as realistic as possible, and doing something even slightly unrealistic can get you severely punished. If you have no imagination or sense of creativity, however, then by all means this is the gamemode for you.

"DarkRP" is possibly the worst gamemode ever. How the fuck can you take roleplay seriously if you can be a mutant?!

DarkRP is also full of 12 year old danes shouting "allahu ackbar mother fucker" and then RDM'ing and the admins just abuse to shit.

You don't get this is AS OCCASIONALLY in PERP.

"DarkRP" is possibly the worst gamemode ever. How the fuck can you take roleplay seriously if you can be a mutant?!

DarkRP is also full of 12 year old danes shouting "allahu ackbar mother fucker" and then RDM'ing and the admins just abuse to shit.

You don't get this is AS OCCASIONALLY in PERP.

PERP is possibly the worst gamemode ever. How the fuck can you even like that shit?!

Also I hardly experience RDM in DarkRP; dunno what servers you play on.

If you wanna get into serious RL RP, then turn off your computer, go outside, and get a job.

I ended up buying this in the end, and have found it pretty addicting; well worth the £6 price tag.

I haven't actually ventured outside ttt; took me a while to get used to it and got banned from a server pretty quick. Although it turned out to be a mistake. I'll try out some of the other game mods when I'm feeling adventurous.

Anyways, thanks for your insight!

I haven't actually ventured outside ttt; took me a while to get used to it and got banned from a server pretty quick. Although it turned out to be a mistake.!

See I have GM...but played it very little, and the bit I have the only reason I don't get banned is because I don't understand it lol. When I'm innocent I sit in a corner, getting accused of being suspicious xD

When I'm a Traitor I either run around with other traitors so I actually look innocent, or I go full Rambo shizzle taking out 5-10 peepz before going down lol.