Sign in to follow this  
Sholto

Some new maps

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/161320

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/173268

so here are a couple of maps i found, i think these have potential to be fun. as we all know its nice to have a new jail to explore every once in a while, its refreshing. even if your not very fond of them i think they are worth a go just to see how the community take them. we can always remove them.

Mappers if you see flaws in these maps i see potential, of course there is areas that could be better i would agree, so if anyone wants to edit i think these could be winners.

Things to consider. number of gun/vent cells, things to do, can you see ct's actually having a successful round?

We've had LEGO for around a week or two now and it hasn't been removed yet... so the "We can just remove it"-part :S

Lego is one of those maps which is good if you have a strong team of CTs who can pull off the activities and actually get people out of cells. Of course I understand why you dislike it, but it's one of those maps that even with bad CTs..you can mess around with the OB Banter which is always there..messing with bad cts hehe xD

I know it's not for everyone...but there are enough people in my opinion that do enjoy it to keep it there :S

Lego needs 3 CT's that know the entire map in order to get a good round. And I don't think that happens often. 2 CT's might be enough with 6 or less T's but else no.

It's a fun map if you can get people to cooperate.

anyway back on task, we want to see the first one. and i think the second one is worth a try. :) as for lego yes needs cts that actually have a fucking clue, unlike most of the nubs that go ct jajajajaja

I'm gonna say this once more since it seems that people just ignore my previous answers in-game..

I had a shitload of requests in-game for the 2 maps (Avalanche & Lego). So, I gave it a new try and uploaded both of them. In-game there are people who like the map and people who dislike the map, we won't be able to get a map which EVERYBODY likes 100%.

Unfortunatly for you Gumzter you are in that group which dislikes the map.

What i'm gonna do from now on:

* Nothing.

From now on the mapping team decides what maps get played, go with all the complaints to them. I will remove Lego & Avalanche, as soon as one starts complaining about the fact that I removed them from the maplist they can go to you in stead of me.

As for Avalanche, the part with "Just remove a few of the vents":

I've explained that one a few times as well, and I must be very wrong or even Wayne Dwake told a lot of people.

We can not simply remove the vents.

WHY??? As soon as we decompile a map we only have the default textures of the map. Even to edit just a fucking vent or delete a fucking mushroom in the map you need to fucking decompile the map. In other words, as soon as you decompile it you can start retexturing half of the map, because Avalanche got quite some custom skins.

I don't have the time for it now, and I won't have it in a month ether propably. Wayne has been laying under a rock & apart from us 2 only a few know how to do it. So i suggest you all take a look at it yourself perhaps? Youtube helps... That's the way i learned it as well.

Yay! I made Gumzter happy now! Lego & Avalanche get removed! Yay!

Next time I open my steam and I go in-game I can read another shitload of messages from people like these:

"OMG, why did you remove lego?"

* 2min later* "Why do you ignore me?"

To be honnest, Avalanche actually brought in people to play JB.

Source: Biggles

Anyway yep I agree, let the map finding team do their share of work and decide which maps should stay on and not.