Sign in to follow this  
Huntley

A graphics mod for CS:S

So it turns out ENB for half life 2 works with CS:S

So my modding ways got the better of me and well:

(Please note this is a quick downloaded preset off the interwebs i'll be tuning it to my liking so it isnt so damn dark!)

qEnaPkl.jpg

I'll be keeping on some settings but that darkness well...

L6DNBFm.jpg

So i'll be working on this but if you want to download it as it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCHoMM54cHw

(There's a reason i need to edit it, can you guess why? ;P)

Modders want you to think its HD but really its just flares, shadows and a slightly different texture, it also looks ugly

Which is why thou' shall attempt to make it not ugly.

And fail in a steaming pile of horse shit,

Just looks murky now

My thoughts exactly, the depth of field mess's with the chat, it's why most DOF mods are on single player games because well no chat.

I'll look to fix it but the DOF is the big thing i want to keep in this. currently looking in certain places can blur th chat so its unreadable and i have to move my head slightly.

its irratating and i'm doing my best to fix it but all i have is the ENB Dev's help (If you go to enbdev.com he helps you with most things he very nice) and a .ini file that use's number's as to change settings.

Its hard but my past experience with ENB helps a ton.

Graphics in a game don't matter shit, why make mods to enhance them.

One of my old friends has made himself believe that graphics is everything. Example

I was playing rollercoaster tycoon on my laptop at college. He comes up and basically says that 'it has shit graphics and therefore is a shit game'. The ironic thing is i know loads of games he played with bad graphics like RS, he played like 2007-2010 and during 2009 he played Funorb games.

Now he's persuaded himself that apple are the best technology company ever in the world and no company will ever beat them. One time he was trying to persuade us to buy a Mac, we said that its too much money for what you get, any other computer will be over twice as good for half the price. This is his response 'why would they price it higher, if it wasnt as good'. No joke, hes that stupid

Anyway after that rant.

The pictures look nice but the video gave me reason not to get it. It looks like shit, this is the reason why i stick to counter strike because it doesn't look like it was made by a huge corporation. It looks like someone made it in his basement which is a perfect reason why i like it, it still has that doom feel to it which so many publishers have fail to recreate. If you're gonna ruin that for me atleast keep it out of my sight.

Love, Cake

The pictures look nice but the video gave me reason not to get it. It looks like shit, this is the reason why i stick to counter strike because it doesn't look like it was made by a huge corporation. It looks like someone made it in his basement which is a perfect reason why i like it, it still has that doom feel to it which so many publishers have fail to recreate. If you're gonna ruin that for me atleast keep it out of my sight.

Love, Cake

Believe me graphics arent my stuff either.

Hell my top games i play are CS:S, GMOD, Minecraft and SAMP (GTA SA Multiplayer mod)

Just like to mess with them a little to say the least.