Sign in to follow this  
Fluxy

CSS issues

Hey guys just looking for some help here. Recently got a new gaming laptop, i7 Processor, GT 650M, 8 GB ram all that good stuff. I assume CSS should be a piece of piss right? well for some reason I can not get above 25-30 fps on any map, not only that but I get frequent fps lag spikes where my entire game freezes for like 3-6 seconds. Not only that but on my desktop I had a steady ping of around 30-50, ever since moving onto my laptop im constantly on about 110-130 no matter what I do. Was wondering if you guys could suggest some things to fix this.

Your wireless prob doesn't have enough strength, it probably doesn't lift as much as your Ethernet did.

As for the fps issue maybe vsync is turned on. turn that off in nvidia control panel if its on, apart from that idfk

Make sure that all your drivers are up to date, and for the ping, if you're using wireless it's obviously going to be worse than your desktop. Try and move closer to your router or just get a better one. If your router is old the filter may have broken and dust might be blocking the signal.

I fixed my FPS issue, realised that some time ago I had put my laptop on "battery saving mode" this seems to put a cap on all performance, switched off was getting 120 FPS all today so that's sorted : ) pretty sure it is my wireless that's holding my ping up as well, thanks guys