Sign in to follow this  
tweep

Unban Request and Complaint

Player Name (at time of banning): O Christmas Twee

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:35026027

Ban Reason Given: Abusive

Server Banned From: Jailbreak

Why you believe your ban was unfair/disproportionate (Including any evidence to support your claim): I was not abusive, and was voicing how I felt about the rude and insulting things being sent from an admin.

Date of incident: 16/1/13 15:55 GMT.]

This ban was incredibly uncalled for, and was sheer testimony to the degradation and humiliation I am subjected to for playing on a gameserver that I have helped moderate for hundreds of hours.

Yes, I left OB two months ago after being rather unfairly demoted (which the majority of the admin team agree was disproportionate), and yes, I didn't leave quietly, and I do have regrets about how I did that. When I did leave, things were tense and hostile; I was told that I could no longer be an admin due to lacking basic social skills, which was the reason in why I left in such a stupid and regretable manner. I didn't want to cause drama when I left, but that comment did cause something to snap. Sometimes I can feel very paranoid in social situations, and do often get stressed over social issues, and being told something like that so bluntly by someone who I had a lot of respect really angered me, and I did leave in a rather unproffesional manner. I know I shouldn't have left like that, and I regret it, but it does not excuse the way you talked to me, McLovin. When I said "fuck you" over steam chat, I do regret that - as much as I hate the way you dismissed me (both for the flimsy reason and the insulting manner in which you did), I didn't aim to leave a bitter taste quite lick that, so I am sorry for that. That's in the past, though, let's move to present.

I do have a fair few friends on Outbreak, including many members of your admin team, and many members and regulars that play here. I enjoy the Jailbreak mod, and I thought that since exams are over I'd come back and play on a decent jailbreak server with some cool people who frequent here. Unlike many other ex-admins and moderators, I am not here to troll and to piss people off. That's not what I want to do, contrary to what some of you want to believe. I want to play Jailbreak.

And about the ban - this is the most flimsy excuse for a ban I have ever seen on this server. Taking into consideration that you were incredibly abusive (I am correct in assuming you were the admin who told me that me being CT causes people to leave the server, right?) and had the sole intent on making a personal gain on humiating me and degrating me, which is due to a personal grudge. I wasn't in the slighest abusive, I was just stating what I felt in a more than reasonable way. I do appoligse if I was telling you "how to do your job", but I can assure you that wasn't the case; another one of your moderators told me that the admin text wasn't representative of how the team felt, and I felt it necessary to say that things through admin chat give the impression to me that it is a collective statement, not a personal one. Also, regardless of the fact of whether you like me or not, I am a good CT. I have had many people say that they like me commanding, and I do make an effort to command well and make it enjoyable, and I do feel that a lot of people like me commanding.

Ever since returning to the server (despite the fact I have only been on a small handful of times), the general attitude of some of the admins has been pretty threatening and unnecessarily harsh. The main incident that comes to mind is Biggles coming onto the server, and then acting in quite a rude manner to him. When I provide a come back, he mutes me. I then tell him how pathetic it is that he starts an argument and then mutes me when I respond, so he bans me for a week.

I have spend around 6 months moderating your server, and I do not feel that once I abused my priveledges. The only crime I was guilty of was disagreeing with some opinions and arguing out how I felt. If you wanted admin meetings to be a place where you tell everyone else what to think then you should have told me, as I was under the illusion we were allowed to say how we felt. The only issues in those 6 months were that I argued for what I thought was right, and not just being trampled on because the collective attitude was to ignore whatever I suggested. On one occasion kriss banned me for ten minutes because I made a joke about a spelling mistake.

I have put so many hours of work into this server, and this is how I get treated? You are treating me like a criminal because I dared to argue out an opinion that I genuinely thought was right.

To Biggles: I don't quite understand what your huge problem with me is, and I have always thought you were a cool guy, but I find it a little disheartening that you relentlessly mock me mainly due to the fact that I wasn't boot licking. Remember those threads in the admin section where I'd disagree with you, and you'd suddenly profess you're hatred for me because I didn't conform to your views? I just want to say how pathetic it is that you mock me on many occasions over the last few weeks, and especially that you say how I am an "egotist" (which is highly ironic and hypocritical taking into account that you constantly - and it is not just me who feels this - are abusive to others to further inflate your ego). Remember when in the GTAIV thread where you said how awkward it was when I wanted to join you and Gaz? I'd been playing with Gaz that week a few times, and we decided to try to get more people in a game.

To Tiny: You're the only person I owe an appology to, and I am sorry for being a little rude to you. In all honesty, I was a little gutted about how that ever since I have been demoted we haven't even been able to talk, and that things between us seem to have changed - I'm still the old tweep who you used to get on with, and even though Biggles hates me it doesn't mean you need to. You're a cool guy, and I just thought I need to appologise and let you know you're awesome.

This is an issue that needs sorting. I have done next to nothing to wrong you, and I am being treated like an outlaw. This is absolutely disgusting, and I think some of the values of this community are being completely being undermimed by the way you act towards an ex-member of staff who put a lot of work in, and is pretty much only guilty of arguing out his belief, and making a slightly disrespectful remark.

Tweep.

Things are in the past, leave them there and stop bringing them up and using them as ammunition.

The reason you are posting here is about your ban, and not to air dirty laundry. Your issues with other people should be dealt with personally, and not as little foot notes or paragraphs in your unban request.

Firstly what evidence do you have to support your claim? I'm not calling you a liar but as an ex member of staff you should know that evidence helps a lot. It could quite easily be the case that the admin in question, I was not present at the time so I don't know, was in fact being civil, and you knowing/being paranoid that the admin and you have had a spat, saw it as abuse. When infact he/she was not.

Judging by what you put in the paragraph that relates to your ban, I assume you were switched from CT. As an ex member of staff you should instantly know why this is. So how the abuse flared up after this is beyond me. Unless of course you questioned the switch? Sadly to gauge this correctly we need to see exactly what happened.

Please reply with the evidence as per request

This post was made whilst listening to:

Things are in the past, leave them there and stop bringing them up and using them as ammunition.

This isn't just about the unban request. I am clearly stating how I feel about the situation, and felt it necessary to state that I am not proud about how I left, and to leave an appology to McLovin for swearing at him. I also felt it necessary for him to be aware of the fact that the manner in which I left was due to be insulted by some remarks he said.

The reason you are posting here is about your ban, and not to air dirty laundry. Your issues with other people should be dealt with personally, and not as little foot notes or paragraphs in your unban request.

These issues are linked very closely in with the ban; hence, I have labelled the titles with "complaint", too, due to the fact that it isn't just an unban request, as I am genuinely unhappy with the way some members of staff have been acting towards me.

This isn't just an unban request. This is a complaint, aswell, as I am genuinely not happy with the way some admins think it is acceptable to treat an ex-member of the community who has contributed much.

Firstly what evidence do you have to support your claim? I'm not calling you a liar but as an ex member of staff you should know that evidence helps a lot. It could quite easily be the case that the admin in question, I was not present at the time so I don't know, was in fact being civil, and you knowing/being paranoid that the admin and you have had a spat, saw it as abuse. When infact he/she was not.

I do not need evidence; it would be incredibly counter productive to provide evidence about a case, where the accused will be verifying the evidence. If it helps, some members witnessed this, inluding Jake. I do not have evidence, but seeing as there were several admins online at the time and an owener was involved I am sure that evidence isn't an issue here.

Judging by what you put in the paragraph that relates to your ban, I assume you were switched from CT. As an ex member of staff you should instantly know why this is. So how the abuse flared up after this is beyond me. Unless of course you questioned the switch? Sadly to gauge this correctly we need to see exactly what happened.

As an ex-member of staff, I wouldn't switch someone off CT who has a mic and is prepared to command, and keep a few new CTs who do not have mics just because I hold a grudge against a member. I questioned the switch, due to this. The response I received was that they didn't want a CT that caused people to leave the server - which was pretty rude, and uncalled for. McLovin knows exactly what happened, as he was involved heavily in this.

Again, there is little point providing evidence when high admins are involved. I am going to assume that they have the decency to tell the truth, and if they don't they will not deal with the issue properly, anyway.

If you need a piece of evidence of an admin being rude and disrespectful look at the post above yours. Yet another completely uncalled for comment.

Oh and by the way I asked the admins to CT ban you, we're trying to repopulate the server and every time you go CT people kept leaving, you moan about how you put so much work into OB, all the admins have so Stop thinking so highly of yourself inb4 im called a hypocrite

This isn't just about the unban request. I am clearly stating how I feel about the situation, and felt it necessary to state that I am not proud about how I left, and to leave an appology to McLovin for swearing at him. I also felt it necessary for him to be aware of the fact that the manner in which I left was due to be insulted by some remarks he said.

Perhaps structuring your post better would help achieve this. You posted the unban request template details, then brought up the situation, then went back to the unban request, before going back onto the situation. Again what you have said here could have been brought up privately with him, in a private message on this forum perhaps?

Also you say you wish to leave an apology then go on to say how insulted you are by him later in your post.

These issues are linked very closely in with the ban; hence, I have labelled the titles with "complaint", too, due to the fact that it isn't just an unban request, as I am genuinely unhappy with the way some members of staff have been acting towards me.

This isn't just an unban request. This is a complaint, aswell, as I am genuinely not happy with the way some admins think it is acceptable to treat an ex-member of the community who has contributed much.

Again the way you are being treated is due to personal issues between you and the users in question. You should speak to them privately about it and try and sort it. If they do not wish to sort it move on and ignore them. Don't give them any grounds to "abuse" you.

I do not need evidence; it would be incredibly counter productive to provide evidence about a case, where the accused will be verifying the evidence. If it helps, some members witnessed this, inluding Jake. I do not have evidence, but seeing as there were several admins online at the time and an owener was involved I am sure that evidence isn't an issue here.

It would not be counter productive to provide the evidence. It wouldn't be the accused varifying this. Your evidence would varify this. As would the other witnesses for your case. So counter productive it would not be.

Again, there is little point providing evidence when high admins are involved. I am going to assume that they have the decency to tell the truth, and if they don't they will not deal with the issue properly, anyway.

If you need a piece of evidence of an admin being rude and disrespectful look at the post above yours. Yet another completely uncalled for comment.

And you have let it get to you instead ignoring Biggles like most of us do when he responds in such a way. Perhaps your reactions, and anyone else who responds to him, fuel him?

I have switched off many good cts to give new members a chance to learn, especially when surf went up.

Anyway it is quite clear we are playing your favorite game of argumental, and since I like you tweep and am aiming to stay on the fence with this issue, I will walk away from the issue.

My suggestion is just serve out your ban, I'm sure you won't get bored. Whilst that happens perhaps talk to the users you have problems with and try to mend those bridges.

I'm going now, because you have made me late for a date with a very pretty lady.

Edited by Guest

Aight Tweep.

The reason i've not been talking to you much is because after seeing the way you left my opinion of you fell. I assumed you'd stay off Jailbreak for a while then come back and play quietly.

Instead, for some reason, you've come back and started acting really weirdly. I don't know whether it's because you're trying to troll, or whatever, but many of the admins and members have noticed it and it makes the majority of us feel uncomfortable. An example is when you type random things in caps, or message admins constantly with useless stuff. The other day you spamming I LOVE COCK into chat :|

Another example would be to continually tell people how you used to be a mod before you got demoted unfairly etc etc etc, which i've seen you do twice - whether this was due to people asking you what happened or not, things like that are suited to Steam chat and you know better than this. It's just going to cause trouble.

Finally, the other thing i've noticed is that you go nuts and constantly try to push your point of view across everytime we have to mute/gag/kick/slay/switch you for the reasons above or whatever else you were doing. We wouldn't take arguing from any other player and you're no more special than any of us - if you feel you've been treated unfairly then you should gather evidence and do what you've done here.

I've not actually seen any evidence of you being abused by anyone, only what you've told people.

Just learn to let things go and chill out.

Okay here we go.

Tweep I remember when we was on a map which involved the game room which has all them squares etc, you would start singing randomly when the commander is doing his commands, you would then moan at me when I mute you. We are trying to regain population due to the ip change not have to lose it because your attention seeking saying 'oh I was a moderator here once but I got demoted for no reason' to be honest Tweep, what's done is done. Move on! Its just a bloody game as you stated in your leaving post.

I remember when you was telling me how I should do things considering that what I was doing was fine and fair. You are not a moderator for a reason, Mclovin gave you the chance to do that game thingy but himself and the admin team will not support you in anyway then you proceeded to make him sound like a bad guy. If you want my opinion Tweep, your just another player on the server, Yeah I understand that you was once a moderator here at Outbreak but that does not mean you can continue to come onto the server and be a idiot and then continue to try and make Mclovin or whoever sound out to be the bad guy.

I hope this ban stays and you realise that just because your a old ob moderator doesn't mean we won't take your immature behaviour seriously and personally I'm disappointed in you.

That's my opinion, delete it if you must.

Couldn't agree more with what Tiny said.

And usually when people leave and comeback they try to play quietly and not make a fool out of themselves. I don't know what's going on with you Tweep. I'm confused on why you can't come on a "gameserver" and play with the people without talking about your previous experience as an moderator or getting awkward.

Awkward as referring to this

Instead, for some reason, you've come back and started acting really weirdly. I don't know whether it's because you're trying to troll, or whatever, but many of the admins and members have noticed it and it makes the majority of us feel uncomfortable. An example is when you type random things in caps, or message admins constantly with useless stuff. The other day you spamming I LOVE COCK into chat

You don't have to prove anything to anyone. It seems like you want people to like you and pay attention to you. There's no reason for that just play and have fun. You don't always have to be in the spotlight and remember the world doesn't spin around you.

Oh and by the way I asked the admins to CT ban you, we're trying to repopulate the server and every time you go CT people kept leaving, you moan about how you put so much work into OB, all the admins have so Stop thinking so highly of yourself inb4 im called a hypocrite

Conslusion: Wait a week and the ban will end. If you still wanna play on the OB server go ahead. But I hope that now when you know all this you'll take it into consideration before you join. We don't want drama. We don't want trolls. We don't want people to leave because you join which infact is true. We don't want people to be attention whores, spamming mic/chat with nonsense(Which probably is the reason that people are leaving when you join). Especially when you left in such a disrespectful matter.

Come - Play - Leave.

Not

Come - Ban - Come again later...

Okay, I will admit that a few weeks ago when I started playing I may have been a little annoying, but I have stopped that now. I guess you've already all made up your minds, and none of you are open to actually sorting any sort of issue. I'd naturally assumed that as admins you'd admit to the persistent insults, but perhaps I was wrong in assuming this.

If you wanted to truly treat me fairly, then you would realise that the server is full of people who spam silly things in chat and talk over the commander. Instead, you're picking out small things and exaggerating them. Not one admin could be arsed to talk to me over steam and tell me anything, you've dived in straight with a ban.

Also, I wanted McLovin to answer this. He is the one who was present. I didn't post this for the rest of the admins to ask for evidence, as McLovin knows himself that this ban was unreasonable, and personal.

I'm still tweep. Just because I lost my cool that one time and left in a huff, doesn't suddenly make me a villain. I'm not going to waste too much time with this message though, as there is a pretty slim chance of anyone actually trying to be civil and respecting the fact I am still a human being, and that even if they did people can't actually post what they think if it doesn't conform to the higher admins views due to intimidation.

I wanted to come back and play with some people, but all that's happened is that some of the mod team have just had a giant circle jerk about how much they hate me. I have better things to do with my life. I shouldn't come off a game server feeling like absolute shit, because the hivemind of the admin team have decided that I am such a horrific person.

You can act like a helpless soul in trouble but the facts stay as they were. You were on the server there were enough CT. I swapped the last one to join CT that was you. Then you started to complain towards the admins on why you were swapped. We awnsered that there were to many CT. Then you tried to get into another discussion since we all know that you like to have discussions. This time about how we should have swapped the bad CT and not yourself. After a couple of messages towards the admin team I got sick of it and awnsered with: I would rather have bad CT's then one that makes people leave the server. (As much as you like to ignore this its the truth people leave if your on the server.) Then you started to act all high and mighty about how bad all the admins did their job and what they should have done, even when the CT tried to command.

I intentionally have not responded to this unban request/complain since I knew if I were to you would probally try to get into another discussion only making the situation worse. But I now see why you are doing this you try to stir up shit once again. Its not about the unban its just about setting us or even me in a bad spotlight.

I did not remove you from the admin team for nothing there were alot of people that had problems with you. Even you knew there were problems since lets face it otherwise you would have never made the thread: Do you hate me? In the admin section. Its your basic skills in communication that made you fail in the end. And its that same disorder that is not helping you at all right now. You have been comming on the server acting like a moron and trying to get people to support you. On how pitifull your demotion was etc etc. The way I see it you have no place here, the last time you left you left while being a total Twat towards one of the owners. Normally I would have permed you straight away but I felt a pity for you. I wish I had when I think back, but hey there are always second chanses for situations like this. And now you have given me one. Your ban will be upgraded to a perm for obvious reasons I hope you learn from your fault and go on in your life. Not as a downy but as a social normal person.

Another thing here is my chatlog with Tweep when we demoted him so all of you now know how it whent:

Tweep: Just want to say one final thing. I *did* have respect for you. Not any more though. I might have been a little disrespectful, but now I understand how it is. I understand that I am being demoted because you do not like me. I am not socially retarded. A large number of the members think I am one of the best mods on the server, but I have been demoted because you didn't like me.

Tweep: What you said actually hurt. I just need you to know that.

Tweep: Trust me, I've been bullied most of my life. Now is one of the first times I've started to be "popular" in at least some areas of my life. People in school respect me now, but there are still people who insist in making my life difficult. I have spent many hours feeling it is my fault... and, well, I still can't say if it actually is.

Tweep: But I just need you to know that.

Tweep: Because there are some things that change you. When so many things that seem random; like projectiles flying across a country to collide as if by chance; come together hard, so it can't be chance. It's funny, I'm not upset about being demoted anymore. I don't even know if I do have a problem, or if this is the burden of being outspoken and willing to defend myself comes with. I have many flaws, and I am incredibly aware of them. But that doesn't mean I have a problem.

Tweep: I guess life goes on though. It's just amazing how it's the little things that really... affect you. I am not taking this "too personally", because what you said was incredibly offensive. I tried my best, I may have been too outspoken, but I was not a bad admin. Just remember that.

McLovin: Are you done yet, since it seems like you are repeating yourself now.

McLovin: Ill be honnest with you here aswell.

McLovin: No I didnt hated you and no I didnt demote you for that.

McLovin: The thing is

McLovin: I was one of the vew that did wanted to give you a chance for moderator.

McLovin: I stood up for you in the beginning.

McLovin: But maybe I was in the wrong in doing so.

McLovin: Anyway, what I said was true.

McLovin: I need to trust my admins, and if I cant trust my own admins to follow the decissions that were made during a meeting well im sorry then thats that.

McLovin: The thing is it was not only me, there were multiple admins that did have a problem with you.

McLovin: From Moderator to Owner.

McLovin: I did not hate you, but I didnt like you either.

Tweep: Please tell me.

McLovin: Especially the last vew weeks.

Tweep: I won't hold it against them, but I need to know who.

Tweep: I know Eagle, Kriss, and Biggles did, but what mods?

McLovin: Tweep, im sorry but what is being said in the admin chat will stay there.

Tweep: Anyone apart from barry?

Tweep: Actually, I don't care.

McLovin: You shouldnt.

McLovin: It isnt worth my nor your time.

McLovin: Anyway you can believe me or not if I wether demoted you because of hate or not I dont really care. Just wanted to clear that up.

Tweep: Maybe it wasn't hate. Just stupidity, or the fear of someone standing up for his opinions.

Tweep: I just want you to know that most people think you're being a pathetic piece of shit, blowing this out of proportion. And some of those people aren't just members.

Tweep: I know I was disrespectful, but nearly everyone agrees you've over reacted.

McLovin: It was not stupidity nor fear. It was disrespect the thing is you did not know your place. Your not the person running this community no thank god its not. It is Kriss and I. The thing is sometimes in life you need to suck up what the higher ups tell you wether you like it or not.

Tweep: Maybe. The fact that you couldn't as much as warn me over teamspeak just infuriates me.

Tweep: You wanted me gone, and we both know it.

Tweep: This was just the perfect excuse for you.

McLovin: If that is what you think then I am glad I got rid of you. Since I dont want negative depressed people as my admins.

Tweep: So yeah, I'm going to end this conversation now. I do have a lot of issues, and I can struggle socially.

Tweep: And yes, I do feel pretty depressed quite a lot.

Tweep: Not because of anything to do with OB.

McLovin: Alright well goodbye. I believe this conversation has reached its limit.

Tweep: But fuck you, people like you are the reason why I am an unstable wreck. Any little bit of social confidence I get is knocked down

Tweep: Fuck you

Reading this makes you realise how pathetic you were and are. You are basicly blaming me for your own troubles while im only letting you face the truth.

Ill let you respond to this since we all know how badly you want to get into another discussion.

However your ban is now permanent, the troubles you have made so far and still are making are unbelievable.

This ban cannot be appealed and is final.

You're going to post private logs. Taking into consideration I have not once published any private admin talks or anything confidential, I think you've just pretty much demonstrated what a genuinely horrible person you are.

Have a nice life.

dude sometimes it better to just move on. i think you are torturing yourself buddy! not everyone hated you, but people do not like to be around the tension, then people leave. server comes first as i am sure you can understand :/