Sign in to follow this  
M1nt-l0u

How do you feel about an Android app of the forums?

I was thinking of making an app of this forum to make it easier to view on mobile devices because I usually surf this place at night.

I've heard it isnt too difficult to do on android so my teacher says, I'm guessing I'm gonna need the permission of Kriss/Mclovin

I have not started making it yet, but If I can get it to work , and Kriss & Mclovin are ok with this (After showing them) I'll get it on Google Play!

Thanks.

I keep getting logged out and keep getting messages that I am banned from the forums on my phone, so an app would be awesome

Off-topic: Nice sig.

On-topic: This is a bit of an unrealistic idea. Since you don't have access to the CSS (stylesheet that describes how the page is displayed), you're going to have a tricky time changing the appearance of it for mobile devices.

You also can't build a new front-end, because you don't have access to the raw data (posts / users etc).

It's a nice idea, but it's fairly unrealistic. Things like this need to be done by people with admin access, and if this forum is mostly pre-built and not hand-coded (as is almost certainly the case), a mobile app won't be possible without essentially creating a brand new forum.

However, if the software used for the forum has a "display different CSS based on user agent" option, it should be fairly simple.

Also, as for being logged out, it's likely a case of your phone not saving sessions / cookies correctly. If you're on Android, try using another browser such as Dolphin or Chrome.