Sign in to follow this  
Guest cDay

Mic problem

Haai, as you all know all my Poundland's £1.50 mics are shit

So today I manned up and bought a £35 pound headset like a baws, It's still really bad, but ONLY in CS:S anyone got any idea's?

Tarr

~cDay

Hmm, I've gone through all of them, and they all seem fine?

Are you using a USB headset? Or the 3mm jack ones? Is this also the case with the other headset?

From the sounds of it, it may be a sound card problem if you use one. Try turning down microphone gain in css and turn the levels down. If you got a better mic now you shouldn't need the boosting options.

Another thing, is your pc fan loud? Do you have a fan running in your room? That tends to cause a lot of static.

Cday i had the exact same problem, go into control pannel, sound, recording tab, you should have an enhancments tab click that a check the two boxes that say loudness equalisation and low frequency protection. Thats what fixed mine

Hi, Twist, it's not a USB headset, got a 3mm jack, and yes its the same with other mic's i've had, and no fan anywhere in the room, i'm going to try re-doing my sound card tonight. Thanks.

Hey Flux, I can't seem to be able to find the "Enchancments" tab? Followed your other steps.