Sign in to follow this  
murcury

Dead chat/ Dead mic usage

I heard a while ago that dead players should not use their mics. So what is the point in dead players being able to use their mics in the first place? Wouldn't it make more sense to permanently mute dead players and at the same time allow live players to see dead chat.

This way, if there happens to be a mic spammer online a CT can simply kill him and the problem is solved. It would also mean less whining about freekilling and talking over the commander. If a player does want to complain about a freekill he can simply say so in chat rather than over mic.

Just querying about something I have been thinking about for a while.

Problem with dead mic is when people spam it with stuff that isn't important in the middle of a round when a CT is commanding and T's are trying to listen. That's the time that dead people should shut up and be quiet.

Times when it's okay is when a T dies in a wierd/funny way. Then I see no harm in a couple of dead people laughing over mic for a second or two. Situations where there isn't need for 100% silence is times where it is okay to have a laugh or the usual stuff people talk about. It's when people spam their mic with stuff that's completely random and not important that dead people should be quiet.

It's common sense. If you aren't alive and a part of what's going on, then being quiet is probably the smartest thing to do. No need talk if it's only annoying people.

I like having fun when im dead and they are playing simon says.

I'll come accross the mic and say simon says jump. and a few times people do jump. and it makes them rage. but they find it funny.

Most of the times I will shh while the commander is giving commands though. and it won't be that much fun if you can't follow a CT in 3rd person view and say behind you because then they look behind them and laugh with you.

Dead mic usage is really helpful. While you spectate you can easily help out admins by just looking around to see violations of the rules somewhere and then point them out through mic. Also helps if you get shot and dont know why, you can still KINDLY ask over mic and then say "I see. Guess I'll try again next round!".

Dead Mic Usage has its Pros and Cons. While it is irritating that people use their mic while their dead to shoutout they were freekilled or just bluntly talking over the commander for nothing. It also has good side's with mainly this one. Community Spirit and the freedom of speech. Since muting innocent players just does not seem right. Aswell if the T team is busy with an obstacle course or any other long game that does not involve that many commanding. The dead players can encourage or laugh and point out failing T's while doing these games. Wich gives us as I just said the Community Spirit. And let me tell you this the only reason why I still play Css after all these years is for its people. The people in this community, the people I talk with on the server when alive or dead. So thats why dead mic usage should not be forbidden.