Sign in to follow this  
MelonHead

Laptop is nuked

any chance you fine ass OB people can help me out?

ive got the problem of my laptop refusing to boot up, it kinda does in safe mode but anything highr it stops processing at the windows loading screen.

any suggestions are a bloody god send. thanks

Could be a variety of things.

However, the fact that it boots in safe made means the essential parts of the PC (hardware) are likely okay.

Safe mode doesn't load drivers like your graphics card's, so that kind of thing could be an issue, since GPU drivers are often pretty buggy.

Depending on your graphics card (Nvidia / AMD), you'll need to use a program (Catalyst Control Centre for AMD, unsure about nvidia) to update your drivers. If this doesn't help, uninstalling + reinstalling them may help.

If these don't fix it, I'd suggest posting to r/techsupport for further support.

I currently have EXACTLY the same problem on my PC.

My pc is running on Windows 7.

yesterday I played games, used browser, used office,... It all worked fine.

Today I start pc, it loads like it always do. those 4 color things make that windows flag. And after It I get a message "STOP ERROR and a complete list of numbers."

After I have 2 options.

Start in safe mode (recommmend)

And start normally.

If I go normally it just restarts and has the same problem.

In safe mode it detects errors, can't help them,...

Gives me the menu after it.

So I returned PC to an earlier update. Didn't work.

But This morning the elektricity provider shut down elektricity in our street. So that might be the reason.

Anyway I am not able to play....

Proxima a couple of years back I had the same, my pc just kept restarting itself over and over, took it into a pc repair shop, charged me 150 quid got it back next week back with no data on it but it was fixed, hard drive failure they said

I found a way to fix it. Took me to 4h in the morning to do it. But finally found problem.

The problem was a microsoft update that is somehow incompatible with my windows 7. It was the Service Pack 1.

To fix it I tried lots of things. Finally I removed all my temp files by putting in some commands in command prompt screen. After that I ran msconfig and chose taht only windows 7 may start up. No other programs.

Than I returned pc to an older update.

Restarted pc. And it worked.

No personal files/movies/stuff lost. Only some updates taht must be done again, like java,adobe,..

Try it as well. It might be the same problem Melonhead.

Good luck

Twist assume you mean PC repair shops and if you then yeah i totally agree with you, the only reason im forced to use them is i dont know that much about computers so when something goes wrong thats the only way i can fix them, last time they told me they had fixed it and i could get it back for 150 quid so i paid and then they said "oh and we have all the data on your hard drive, if you want that back its an extra 100" wtf is that about? or you could just give it to me since i already paid you 150 and now i have a pc with no fucking hard drive....

Rant over

Twist assume you mean PC repair shops and if you then yeah i totally agree with you, the only reason im forced to use them is i dont know that much about computers so when something goes wrong thats the only way i can fix them, last time they told me they had fixed it and i could get it back for 150 quid so i paid and then they said "oh and we have all the data on your hard drive, if you want that back its an extra 100" wtf is that about? or you could just give it to me since i already paid you 150 and now i have a pc with no fucking hard drive....

Rant over