Sign in to follow this  
Nigel

voteban

I don't think it's needed. A lot of people start writing ban request on forums or starts talking to an admin about a freekiller on the server and the problem usual gets solved. But I'll bring it up to the next meeting to see what everyone else think about it.

The problem is, is that this issue doesn't affect admins (who ultimately make the decision), as they already have the power to kick and ban

If I am on a server with a freekiller/hacker/troller and no admins are online, what can i do?

Record a demo?

This is not an instant solution and only really viable for persistent offenders

As their is no instant solution available as soon as an offender comes online, that's it, game over. The server empties and the chance of gaining new members deteriorates.

I think a 10 minute ban would be enough to deter 95% of offenders whereas persistent ones can be dealt with using demo's

Sounds lovely, I'd agree with the previous suggestion of only members+ though, as it stops randomers getting a regular banned or something similar.

Votekick or votemute are an excellent first step though. If the votekick had a ban of 5/10 mins attached to it, that would negate the need for a voteban entirely.

i think vote ban is required, however it would have to be a vote from every player apart from the one being vote-banned. wouldn't want people picking on someone just cause they don't like them.

So what happens with people who join as a group freekilling. lets say 4 people think its funny to join the server and stuff.

Then you wont be able to use it.

but lets imagine someone not so popular is playing, for arguments sake lets say its daemonic, the server is quiet like maybe 7ppl on, he does nothing wrong but 4 or 5 of the ppl voteban him. that's not fair either. because much as he annoys me he is one of our regulars and he does behave better than quite a few. but that was a hypothetical scenario.

I think that only OB mEmbers should get the option to vote kick as I think this would stop multiple free killers from voting against it and preventing them from being kicked when there aren't many players online. I think that Sholto has a point with his deamonic example (that boy gets under everybody's skin but he does pay attention to the rules) but I would hope that OB members would know better than to kick somebody just because they were annoying even if they weren't breaking any rules. I know I have been in plenty of situations late at night when a free killer has come on and ruins the experience for everybody and as an OB member i wished I had the immediate power to do something about it rather than just post a ban request. Just my thoughts

but lets imagine someone not so popular is playing, for arguments sake lets say its daemonic, the server is quiet like maybe 7ppl on, he does nothing wrong but 4 or 5 of the ppl voteban him. that's not fair either. because much as he annoys me he is one of our regulars and he does behave better than quite a few. but that was a hypothetical scenario.

Epic how you insinuate things in a subtile way ;)

But it's true, therefor, only members should be able to vote for this.