Sign in to follow this  
ThorbenBAMF

CT's with no microphone

So I notice if you read the rules closely that CT's aren't actually suppose to have a microphone to be a CT. What the rule says is and I quote: "CT's must be alive and have a microhpone to command T's." In other words you can be a CT and not command.

Some people on the server read between the lines when it comes to this rule since the rule about being a CT and having a mic is a 'unwritten one' So I suggest that you write the 'unwritten rule' down into the !motd/!rules so people can't point towards the !rules when you tell them to go T if they don't have a microphone.

*KHHHH* I'm out!

Actually, there is no unwritten rule as you would call it about this matter at all. More then that we even support CT's without a mic to go CT ones in a time aswell. Although, when the teams are messed up. And we swap people over we would swap the ones without a mic before the ones with a mic. Aslong as that there are 1-3 on CT commanding its all fine to have 2 without a mic. Lets say the server is full and the ratio is 5-25. Of these 5 CT's I would like to see atleast 3 witha mic. If the other 2 do not have a mic but are helping the team I see no problem.

Well once again thats where you go wrong, HELPING WITH COMMANDING... there is no such thing as helping with commanding. There is only 1 commander. Not 2/3 just 1, this is why people think every CT needs a mic. Actually if it wsnt about CT's dying there only should have been 1 CT that needed a mic. But then again he would die at this point and no commands would be given.. so that wont work. All im saying is, There is only 1 person on the CT team talking and giving orders or atleast thats how it should be. The other CT's support the commander within the CT chat or if they have a mic use their mic when the commander is not giving commands. Wich frankly is almost never. Most commanders cant rest with giving commands and are commanding pretty much from the start of a round till the LR. It can even be annoying as a commander to have another CT scream OMG HE HAZ A GUN! While doing a gun check... he could have easily typed it in the CT chat. Since when I command it seems CT's find it important to scream truh my commanding.

One more thing, the only reason why we prefer CT's witha mic over CT's without one. Is so they command if the commander dies or to have a change of commander from round to round. But like I said, 3 of the 5 is enough for that. If 3 of the 5 CT's died and most T's are alive the chance the CT survive and take controll again is quite small.

Another thing, if no-one offered to go CT then those people without mics would stay, but if someone offers to go CT then we would switch out a bad CT with no mic so he could take his place.