Sign in to follow this  
Fin

Gaming Laptops.

Don't bother with laptops ESPECIALLY ALIENWARE, that stuff is a total ripoff, really really expensive!

I built this PC 3 weeks ago for £520 - Trust me a desktop is cheaper if you wanna game :)

This is so true! Alienware arent that good they are like apple, you pay for the logo. I would say Asus and MSI got rly good laptops. I dont beleve you can say that a laptop can be anything near gaming but this is as close as you can get!

I'm pretty sure Fin is asking for a laptop for a reason. I'm getting a good one for my school but they don't sell it in normal stores since it's a business laptop ( aka big shipments to a company / schools only ). I suggest finding different parts and put one together although that might be harder since it's a laptop. Alienware isn't bad but just way too overpriced.

What shadow said. Obviously I would prefer a desktop, but lugging that up and down to Edinburgh (I live in somerset) every few months would be a hassle, So circumstances force me to a laptop.

And it'd be good for lectures. I looking for something fast and strong (ladies). So, less laptop hate more suggestions please!

I've had a Dell Inspiron for about four years now and it's never failed to give me what i need. Actually i'd dare say its running faster than it was out of the box because i got rid of all that pre-installed crap xD

It's not great on the game front though, hardly plays CSS on lowest detail. But Dells are customizable and i'm sure you could tweak it to handle something more.