Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Gaz's DayZ Diaries!

The Final Moments Of Gary Parker

I'm Lying here in this old storage shed, wondering where the hell everything went wrong. Some people say it was the viral outbreak. I say otherwise. For me, it was the moment I met Maik.....

He was just like me, lost and alone. I saw him running along the beach towards a light house. If only I could get to him, slow him down. I could save his life. This isn't a safe world anymore. You can't just run around and expect not to be noticed. I used to run a lot. I'm glad I did. It has sure come handy, running away from those freaks.

Once I reached the light house he was at the top. I suggested we stick together, he then said one of only 2 things he ever said to me, "ok."

I don't know if he was foreign, or maybe everything that had happened made him shut inwards, all I know is that he was going to be my biggest problem today.

He started by following me, I was being wary, crouching to bushes and behind rocks, he was copying me. I said to him that my name was Gary, he simply replied with, "Maik."

In the distance we could see a disused train depot. What was I saying, everything is disused now. Just a hiding place for people to momentarily stop. Like you. Whoever finds this. Maik ran straight for the depot. I urged him to stop but he didn't. I couldn't let him run in there to die, so I followed, keeping low and out of sight. The last I saw of him was his legs as he crawled under a fence. I went around the corner but he was gone, then suddenly I heard the grunted groan of the undead. It screeched as it came for me. I turned and ran around the corner, and entered the building. My path was blocked so I hid behind the door. How juvenile.

I waited patiently to die.

Waited....

Waited....

Maik appeared in front of me, he had entered the building from the back, he ran out the front and the zombies outside chased him. He was like a suicidal angel sent to save me anyway possible. So I got up and went the way he came from. Then I realised why he had ran out the front....

Waiting down the corridor were 2 of the bastards, just looking at me, so again I turned, knowing outside wasn't safe I did the only thing that seemed sane, I went up stairs. The zombies were slow to follow. So I checked the floors in hope of a weapon.

Lost hope.

So I headed up a floor again, the zombies in close pursuit. Nothing here except a ladder to the roof. So I climbed to the safe haven of the roof. From here I had a beautiful and expansive view of the landscape, and for that moment I forgot what was happening.

I felt free.

This was broken by the noise of the ladders. Maik must have survived and saw me on the roof and is coming to meet up again. I ran into the roof shed which housed the ladders, and all I saw were 2 stinking zombies. They ran for me. I edged away. One lunged forward. I lunged backward.

I was still going backwards.

Still going backwards.

Going backwards.

Gone.

When I awoke, my leg was clearly broken and I had lost a lot of blood. Then I looked up. Maik was stood over me holding an axe. He headed off towards some small storage buildings. I got up to run after him, but simply fell to the floor in pain. I called after him, so he could put me out of my misery with the axe. He was gone.

I crawled

I crawled

I crawled

He was gone though, by the time I got to the front of the buildings he had made his escape, So I crawled into this storage shed I am in now, using my last bandage and a pen I found I wrote this. As a lesson to anyone who finds this letter. Don't go chasing after stupid people. It only leads to your end.

Now I will be heading out of the door this letter is facing and going left. I will be crawling. If I am lucky enough to survive maybe you will meet me. If you find my body eaten and dead, what ever is still on my person belongs to you.

Good Luck, and I Hope You Fare Better Than Me

Gary Parker

Edited by Guest