Sign in to follow this  
Small Bear

Speaking My Mind

Hello, Outbreak Community.

During this thread, you may be thinking, "why not just post this in the unban request section of the forum?" you'll understand why if you actually read this. Yesterday when I was invited to your server by a friend, I was treated literally like a "prisoner".

I was banned from CT, for unintentional baiting, it was not my intention to bait I did it completely on accident, and didn't even have time to explain, and was immidately banned after the incident.

I was also banned from talking on mic, when the admin that was currently online during all of this, Twist, muted all dead players. I thaught this mean't that dead players could talk amongst themselves, and the players that were alive at the time wouldn't be able to hear a thing. So I started talking and was muted for talking over the CT who was giving orders, also, Twist.

I was not warned to stop talking, well, infact I was, but I was warned then muted. Sorry to inform you but let me give you the definition of a warning. Shall I?

1. A statement or event that indicates a possible or IMPENDING danger, problem, or other unpleasant situation.

2. Cautionary advice

So next time, don't warn me, then mute me.

I do apologise for one thing in all of this, but at the same time have many other complaints. I apologise for baiting by accident. Now, the complaints.

Twist stated that he was in a bad mood...so why the hell did he come online to help? An admin that is in a bad mood will clearly (if unprofessional) take it out on the players? He even stated he was in no mood for chances. If someone asked him to come online, and you feel your mood may effect any players that were currently online. DON'T COME ONLINE.

I am unaware who is incharge of this community, but your admins, well, the ones I have seen administrate are corrupt.

Later, Twist left the server. He said, and I qoute. "Sorry everybody, I am too tired to do this and the trolls aren't helping at all. Bye." trolling is against the rules, did poor admin leave because little trolls bested him? Poor admin. Let me inform you as admin you have the power to KICK/BAN them.

I came on today to check if the ban was limited, it was not. I was informed to visit your website/forum for an unban. Your plan worked. I came onto the forum, you clearly have massaged and brainwashed these admins into banning people, probably non donators, on the slightest issue so we have to visit your server/forum.

But I did not come on here for the purpose to get unbanned, I can just as easily find another server, which my friend was actually doing as I'm writing/posting this. I simply came to tell the server owner what his admins are doing on the server behind his back, but, for all I know he/she is just as bad. Your whole community is a dictatorship, I was afraid to post this thread, until I realised that I'm leaving after so little time to find another server, so it doesn't matter anymore.

You may now be asking yourselves why I posted this thread then? To speak my mind and the mind of many others who may have chosen to stay here, therefore are too afraid to post a thread such as this one. Good luck to you, I hope I got that off some of your chests as it did mine.

Goodbye, thanks for reading.

Apologies for posting this in unban/ban request, I was surposed to post in spam bin.

Move thread at your will.

Right, let me clear a few things up.

I wasn't in a bad mood, nor did I state that. I came online to play some good old PB but instead I'm greeted with trolls, idiots, mic spammers etc etc

Your unaware of who runs this community? Type !admins ingame or visit the PB section of the forum to find the thread. Or maybe even click on the owner and head admin links at the bottom of the page.

Also, I gave people plenty of warnings that if they continued to mic spam or bait they would be dealt with. So I muted all dead players ( which is what happens believe it or not ). You were moved and CT banned for a day because you were quite obviously baiting on purpose, I quote: " IM NOT BAITING YOU CAN'T KNIFE ME " repeatedly then you end up getting knifed, huh?

Yeah, I left feeling very disgusted with the poor attitude on the sever. Trust me when I say this buddy, I have been dealing with pb servers for quite a while now and I know how to deal with situations using correct judgements. But I left because I felt like I was not playing PB, it was filled with absolute cunts ( yes I said it ) who were constantly having a pop at the community, it's admins, it's rules etc. I left feeling disgusted that this was only coming from people who have been regulars since day 1. You can say its my responsibility to ban them ( which is what will be happening if it happens again ), but I thought maybe, just MAYBE they would use their own initiative and stop.

We provide a service for people to come and game together and we as admins try to keep the peace. What thanks do we get from this? Abuse and trolling. To anyone reading this, we WILL start to be more harsh on people being darn right disrespectful since we have been too nice up until now.

Haters gunna hate!

Twist dont give up! You are a good admin and I think you might be one of the most dedicated one of them, ppl will always troll and fuck about, but dont let them get the best of you! You are so much better than them!

And as always Haters gunna hate and trolls are gunna troll. just dont feed them.

I just left at the time because it was such a horrible environment.

I didn't say I'm giving up, infact it's completely the opposite. I have told all my admins that the minimum ban for trolling and server/admin disrespect of any kind results in a 1 week ban MINIMUM. They can upgrade this if they so please.

"clearly have massaged and brainwashed these admins into banning people, probably non donators, on the slightest issue so we have to visit your server/forum."

Just a very ignorant thing to say. They very nature behind bans is that we DO NOT want these people on the servers/forums as they are breaking the rules etc. We however reserve their rights to appeal the ban and change their behaviour accordingly if we feel they seriously take note and actively try to improve.

And, you may feel you were unjustly treated on our servers and for that I apologise. But, and it is rather a big but. A prisonbreak server on a Saturday night when it is a full and you are the ONLY admin/mod on is a very stressful environment, you have to act quickly to prevent the server devolving into chaos. At most times we NEVER advocate muting the dead, but with 30+ people on, the majority very vocal about their opinions, sometimes it is necessary and warnings are not always possible straight away with so many things needing to be attended to.

To address your issues about the "Your whole community is a dictatorship, I was afraid to post this thread". Never be afraid to post your opinions. It is the manner in which they are posted is the issue. You have presented your case quite eloquently, with a slight dip into childishness "did poor admin leave because little trolls bested him? Poor admin". but you're probably annoyed so, fair play. However, our community is far from a dictatorship. Yes - we promoted from the inside without elections. Yes - a few hold powers over the many. Yes - We reserve the right to control who plays on our servers. No - we do not edit/censor peoples posts. No - we do not punish people for voicing their opinios. So I will not let that slur stand.

And as Twist stated, we provide a service, admins are volunteers, we don't get paid and as you can tell we get very little reward with people insulting/abusing pretty much every move we make. And yet we still do it. Sometimes we get it wrong, sometimes we fail to admit that, sometimes we loose our rag. We're human and not infallible. Again, I apologise for your experience of our server and I hope you'll reconsider leaving and give us another chance but you've seen outbreak at it's worst, not it's best. Would be a shame to miss out because you seem like an intelligent guy.

If you've got any more issues / concerns you'd like to raise please feel free.

Thanks

-Fin

-OB Admin

A lot of what this guy said contradicted or was unnecessary for example, saying Twist shouldn't play if hes in a bad mood and then scolding him for leaving for being in a bad mood? wat.

Yeah, I left feeling very disgusted with the poor attitude on the sever. Trust me when I say this buddy, I have been dealing with pb servers for quite a while now and I know how to deal with situations using correct judgements. But I left because I felt like I was not playing PB, it was filled with absolute cunts ( yes I said it ) who were constantly having a pop at the community, it's admins, it's rules etc. I left feeling disgusted that this was only coming from people who have been regulars since day 1. You can say its my responsibility to ban them ( which is what will be happening if it happens again ), but I thought maybe, just MAYBE they would use their own initiative and stop.

These situations happen whenever I play, but Twist is imo the best admin due to his experience. If I'm playing with him on, things mostly go smoother then normal.

And as Twist stated, we provide a service, admins are volunteers, we don't get paid and as you can tell we get very little reward with people insulting/abusing pretty much every move we make. And yet we still do it. Sometimes we get it wrong, sometimes we fail to admit that, sometimes we loose our rag. We're human and not infallible.

This is so true. I've been admin myself and sometimes you just can't cope with it. I believe pb servers are one of the hardest servers to be admin on.

Now for a confession for myself: I troll, and most of you know that. But I try to never cross the line of where it actually gets annoying or harmful in an emotional way. To those who do this, stop. You aren't accomplishing anything besides the fact that people will hate you.

- Shadow

- OB player

Well this thread was a waste of time 0.o To be honest. Small Bear was the funniest thing that happened yesterday for me. Who the hell says I'm not baiting so don't knife me and then turns around a few inches away from a stack of T's. I laughed soooo haard after I knifed him.

Locked since he didn't respond, most of what he said is false anyway. Making a big hissy fit over a legitimate CT ban for baiting IMO.

Good luck in your travels.