Sign in to follow this  
Dragoon

Admin Complaint (RESOLVED)

Admin Name: Substick

SteamID: N/A

What did he do: We were all chatting & some people said 'negev'. 'Negev' sounds like 'nigga' when you say it through the mic, so one of the admins said that you cannot use it anymore when it's used for anything else than the gun, or you'd get muted. I said: "I don't like the negev, there's too much spread on it." Which was obviously about the gun. After that he mutes me, telling me he 'told me' that 'being annoying' or something like that wasn't allowed. It's funny because he never did, nor is it a good reason to randomly mute someone. He has no proof whatsoever, he only abused his own powers.

Same happend when Irishcamp did this, and once again that was abuse too because everyone in the chat said that we were using the word 'negev'.

Nice abusing.

Evidence: I have a video about the chat and etc. I can upload it if it's necessary.

Date of incident: 02/08/2016

Hello Dragoon, thank you for bringing this to the forums and actually using the template that has been provided by the OB Staff. First off I would like to ask you to upload the video that you have said you have so that we can take into account exactly what happened and exactly what you were doing to warrant the Outbreak Staff (namely me) taking action against you. Continuing on from there, it would be a lie to say that you weren't being racist, because earlier on when we were playing the map Mist, you called something the N word over the microphone, resulting in a mute from Irishchamp; evidence for this can be found in our Sourcebans page under the "Comms" section, though to save you the effort of looking for it I shall copy an image below.

85EGCMP.png

Now we have a strict policy against racism, and you broke that and received a warning for it, but then instead of simply behaving yourself and enjoying yourself on the server, you decided to start messing around and substituting the word 'negev' for the N word, something that after at first both me and Irish were slow to actually punish, but eventually after you and several other people continued to do it, Irishchamp asked me about it and then proceeded warn everybody about doing so, since it is just you and others attempting to find a loop hole around our rules. Now, you continued to violate our rules further by completely ignoring mods and eventually posting messages such as this and similar sorts of things.

*DEAD* ▶ Dragoon™ ♛ : no, but he hates negevs

Now this is where I muted you, and even then you didn't learn your lesson, insulting me several times in admin chat and generally just refusing to accept the fact that you were in the wrong. As far as both me and Irishchamp were concerned at this point, you could have easily been banned for your insulting comments, but we allowed a bit of leniency here, feeling that you just needed to cool off a bit and accept what you had done. Nothing changed though and you eventually decided to join CT and gunplant the T’s who were waiting at the start of deathrun; thankfully the gun landed in Irishchamp’s hands and thus you weren’t able to cause any more disruption on the server, and you were banned from the server for one day. Please feel free to return to the server once your ban has expired as a changed person, though I would urge you to please read the rules over so you fully understand what our moderators are trying to enforce. I will post the rules URL below to save you the hassle of trying to find them.

http://www.outbreak-community.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=5585

Thank you for your time

Substick

The OB Team

I did get a mute from Irish and that one was correct. I was just messing with him, just like all the others but I was the one who got the mute but that's fine.

Back to this topic:

I've uploaded the video and as you can see you never said something about 'acting stupid' or anything like that. So hiding behind this false reason wouldn't do any good to you, would it?

It's okay to make a mistake, but don't try to hide behind fake and seethrough cover. I know nothing is going to happen to this, since you're the one handling this review - which I find totally absurd - and I'll probably still be the one who got abused.

Also: White Mamba - just like many others - ALSO used the word Negev after you said that, and he got no punishment. Seems like you're being unconsistent then if I had made a mistake? It feels like you're trying to focus on some players. People were also asking why I was muted and etc. Also, using 'Aids' - a serious disease - as an Administrator made you feel better? What a weird type of Administrating.

I've never seen something like that before in any community I've been Admin or Head-Admin on... Which include BIG communities.

Yes, I was banned for gunplanting. But for one whole day? That's ridiculous, you're going to lose a lot of active players by instantly banning them for 1 day after something like that. Warn them first or kick them, then you go for a 2-3 hour ban, that's the best way to handle these kind of things. Ofcourse, I'm not going to start arguing about that since it's not up to me and I have 'no experience' - jk.

Shadowplay never lies. I can record anything you say back up to 10 minutes, so don't try to lie in-game again :).

Videographic evidence:

Hopefully I'll see you soon in-game to play again,

Dragoon

Well it is true that I was perhaps slightly inconsistent with gagging people who said it, but frankly you were being a troll most of your time on the server, and thus you basically deserved it more than they did. Also with regards to the video, yes you see me mute you and obviously before that you see Irish warn everybody, but you seem to miss out your abusive comments and threats that you typed in admin chat a few moments after the video ended. Now I will happily admit a mistake I have made, I always do whether it be on the jailbreak or in IRL, and perhaps you are right that we could have been more consistent with our mutes on the server, though it takes a lot from people to actually make me mute them since I am rather lenient with things and would rather give people a chance to calm down etc. You had that chance twice, once with the racist comment which you did receive a mute for, though it was only 30 minutes, and then once again with the statement that Irish said.

As you say, you feel it is wrong that I am dealing with this when it is a complaint against me, and perhaps you are right, and thus I will talk to one of the Admins of the community and have them reply to you here.

Thank you for your time

Substick

Thank you for being honest, that takes a lot of effort and you don't see high-rated staff members do that a lot, big respect.

As for the things that happened, I hope we can leave it all behind us and just start playing again. Being consistent would make you more reliable & will give you advantage in these kind of situations, just so you know.

EDIT: I think you can close the topic if you want. You were honest and that's what matters to me, nothing else. I also don't want you to get any trouble or anything like that so I think it would be a good choice to finish this now. Good luck.

Have a nice day,

Dragoon