Sign in to follow this  
Calvin ッ

Question About Graphic Cards

Apologies in advance if this is wrong area.

I currently have an Invidia GTX 630, and as of right now, cannot upgrade. I was wondering what games I am limited too? Not hoping to run any AAA games.

But mostly, can I run GMod? I've heard good things about the RPing on there

PS, OB GMod server pl0x.

Alright, to confirm though, i'll be able to run something as big as DarkRP or something?

Imcase you dont know its like, 70+ people in a server, with vehicles and all that good stuff.

Alright, to confirm though, i'll be able to run something as big as DarkRP or something?

Imcase you dont know its like, 70+ people in a server, with vehicles and all that good stuff.

Well can you run csgo ok? If so what fps do you get?. Gmod is an older version of the source engine so if csgo works fine then gmod will deffo work.

The amount of people on the server won't really effect your graphics card imo. As long as you are getting 60 fps and over then you are laughing. Anything over 60 is just a waist if you only have a 60hrz monitor however.

So if this is the case I recommend turning v sync on so your gpu does not work too hard trying to give you more frames that you can't see. :mrgreen:

The 630 seems fine with gmod and CSGO with 60+ FPS. Ive seen CoD Ghosts gameplay on this card, so i think gmod will be fine.

70+ may start spiking out a little, but thats just my opinion.

I'd recommend upgrading the graphics soon(ish) however. There isnt much technology or abilities with the card, and is starting to get kinda old.

That's more of a CPU job rather than GPU's.

That's more of a CPU job rather than GPU's.

^ - Was thinking this too. You might have a nice graphics card but the processor needs to be decent enough to run some games. What processor do you have, if you know at all?