Sign in to follow this  
Skillershark

Not necessarily an unban request - on the topic of Nord

So, I'm going to admit that I don't know everything that is happening with Nord getting banned. All I know is that he played a comp, apparently a bunch of people were watching him, and he was said to be blatantly hacking. I don't want to seem like a pleb who just instantly assumes Nord isn't hacking because he's my friend, but according to him he wasn't hacking. Now I'm not going to say that he should be instantly unbanned because he said he wasn't hacking, but I just want to make a note that, in Overwatch, reviewers must be evident beyond a reasonable doubt that the person is hacking. If something randomly happens that is fishy, more evidence is still needed. So, with that still in mind, I just want to ask for the evidence that Nord is hacking. Hacking isn't something where, if enough people think someone's hacking, it'll be true. One person who carefully observes the evidence is better than a group of people who see something fishy and instantly call hacks. I haven't watched the match, so I can't say anything about it. But I want to see what you guys saw that led you to believe he was hacking. And if you don't have any evidence, all I can say is, why did you ban him?

Thanks for reading.

We had multiple demos from multiple games and multiple recounts from multiple people.

They were watched by lots of people but also carefully analysed by individuals who have caught loads of hackers, cheaters and scripters over the years. I understand you wanting to stick up and believe the best in your friend, but the evidence was conclusive and he will remain banned.

This isn't Overwatch, plain and simple so don't go off that logic to assume someone should be banned for cheating or not. If someone who's analyzing says he's cheating, then he's cheating. But yeah for the record if I saw that on Overwatch id laugh and tick those boxes instantly lol.

Oh yeah and in terms of the evidence, your friend has the demo since he did such an amazing job trying to edit it ;P. Have a look through it and if you don't think he's cheating after that then... woooaw..