Sign in to follow this  
gaffeR

GFX Card

It's definitely an upgrade on all factors. Power usage is lower, and the GigaTexels/sec for that card is higher (amount of triangles it can colour in per second). You'll get above 60 fps on just about every game, however you won't be able to use maximum graphics settings on them all.

For things like CS:GO, you probably won't notice the difference, you should be getting a solid 60fps now, and it's hard to notice differences above that level. For other games that are more GPU intensive, such as Crysis or GTA, you will notice a difference though. You're limiting factor is definitely your GPU, the CPU looks quite nice, but I don't know much about AMD, using Intel myself.

hello am an wholesaler american not china. look my store. we have what u need. 100% made america NOT china

``PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO$$$$$

edit: also, Popey, is this card a marked improvement on the GeForce GTX 660 Ti? That's what I have presently. It seems pretty happy with most stuff but I anticipate I might need an upgrade in coming year or so.

hello am an wholesaler american not china. look my store. we have what u need. 100% made america NOT china

``PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO$$$$$

edit: also, Popey, is this card a marked improvement on the GeForce GTX 660 Ti? That's what I have presently. It seems pretty happy with most stuff but I anticipate I might need an upgrade in coming year or so.

That's a tough one to answer. TL;DR is no.

However, it depends on what you're doing. The 660TI certainly has more cores, which leads to better multi-tasking of the processor, but the 960 card has a higher clock speed, which means there are more operations per second. The first is good if you wish to do things like photo editing, whilst the later is more important for gaming.

Then you have memory, this is only important if you have multiple screens, both are similar, at 6GB and 7GB, you likely won't tell the difference. The final thing to take into consideration is power usage (we are ignoring features, basically the same anyway) - The 660 Ti uses a lot more power, which not only costs more, but also more strain on your power supply. All in all, the 960 is slightly better for photo and video editing, whilst the 660 Ti is better at gaming. The difference however, is very small. Definitely not a marked improvement.

Yeah the gtx 960 is a really good gfx card if you're looking for high fps in high demanding games. If you play lots of games then yes its a good buy, and will last you a good while, you wont need to upgrade for long, but if you just play CSGO and less demanding games, then you should perhaps look into something more casual.

But good choice of gfx. I say buy it! :D