Sign in to follow this  
VENGA BUS

Blacklight Retribution

Has anyone played it?

<- The trailer for it.

A friend got me into it, and at first I was really sceptical, but it's satisfying and fun to play. The game modes are varied, and I particularly get on with Kill Confirmed - it is essentially TDM, but you (or your team mates) have to collect the kill from the downed baddy's body. However, there is nothing to stop their team mates from retrieving the kill before you do, and whilst they don't get a kill for it, they deprive you of one.

It's a cool game, not too fast, not too slow. Oh and I forgot to mention the inbuilt wallhack, which is basically its unique selling point. Imagine thermal vision, but seeing a lot farther.

And it's free to play. :)

tl:dr http://store.steampowered.com/app/209870/ <- play it now. :)

Yeah I played it for a couple of hours, it was pretty fun and I would have kept playing it if it hadent had such a bad F2P market place. I know that almost all free to play games are mostly Pay2Win but the whole thing of buying shit and you get it for like a week? and its costs so much, couldent really be bothered with it. Would have rather paid for it and everything is just unlockable with XP like in cod or something.

Yeah I get that, but I generally just unlock for a day - if you play juts a few games, you'll get more than enough for a bunch of equipment, as equipment is about 200gp. Also, I've found this game is a lot better when done in tandem with teamspeak, and a team which actually knows what's going on (i.e your friends).

And the Pay2Win thing is fair, but I don't think it's as big a deal in BLR than it is in other games: within an hour or two of playing, I was killing people who'd obviously bought their elite gear, with the basic assault rifle lol. And you can unlock pre-made stuff for cheapish too. Briant Solo (or something) is a great AR. :)

EDIT: If you ever wanna' give it another try, Fluxy, on BLR, my name is 'vengabus', so send me a friend request. It's more fun with people who know how to play.