Sign in to follow this  
Scrooge

Scrooge

Hello there fellow gamers,

Just thought I would come here and introduce myself.

Steam name is Scrooge, Real life name is Oskar. Im from London, Im 18 years of age and love gaming. Im quite friendly and easy to get along with. I enjoy a laugh, but then again who doesnt.

Im fairly new to the whole OB community and Jailbreak (about 4/5 days). As of yet I havent tried surf but I will defo be giving it a go.

Im looking forward to getting to know everyone involved in OB and possibly becoming a future member, but for now HELLLLOO :D

I shall train thee.

The best thing you can do is never let the T's stay in one place for long.

If you keep them moving, there's a much less chance they have time to plan a rush/attack/notice weapons or exits nearby.

Just make sure your CT friends know where they're moving to.

Does anyone have like a few quick tips of their own on how to best succeed at being CT? Ive tried it once or twice already and ive got to admit its not as easy as it seems

I was like this once, commanding is something that is really difficult but once you get it it just sort of clicks. Want you want to do is speak clearly and confidentatly, i often find with a shy commander who mumbles and hesitates that I want to rebel.

You also want to be fast, as soon as the round starts you want to be giving your commands, no vent, dont leave you cell exctera, too often I find people choosing their gun for ages in the armoury before sayinig "oh yeah and dont knife vent please" By this time they are long gone.

Dont stand to close, you would think this would be obvouis by sadly it appears not to be the amount of times I see people get backstabbed for stupid reason, as I say to people, you have guns and they do not, range is your advantage, dont take that away.

Try and do intresting games, people are more likely to rebel if you take them round the same old games over and over and play first reaction last reaction.

If you arent commanding then just try and be smart, see where people could run off and cover it, try and memorise hidden gun locations, be aware of whats around you all the time and dont get back stabbed.

Apart from that, practise, only way you will get better.

here's my tips on how to be a good commander:

Get them out of the cells as quickly as possible. Don't spend to long in the armory picking a gun, all you need is an m4. I find that a bad ct will leave us in cells for about a minute and then he will repeat the most basic command over and over, and after all that all we do is play first reaction last reaction.

A terrorist might look and sound retarded but really, they are just looking for a loop hole in your commands so they can rebel. For example if you said 'stand on the red line', there might run to the red line in the armory or something. So, keep your commands simple and clear that way it is difficult to find a loop hole in them.

Play games that you would enjoy playing yourself. Create a mental bank of games that you can play. The most basic games are not fun, example: first reaction last reaction, Simon says etc. Try to be creative, and spend some time coming up with some imaginative games.

I'll give you one to start you off: Team minigames.

Split the T's into 2 teams. Ask each team to nominate someone to perform a minigame or task. This task could be for example, spell my name into chat backwards or What is the capital of Australia or something.

You can either kill the loser, but I would recommend just making a point system and award a point to the winner's team.

Before you join the Ct team, look at the ratio and if you are not needed on the ct team join the T's instead. If you are swapped by an admin don't complain.

Finally, use common sense. Don't be a 'pro ct'. In other words, don't repeat yourself to often if people don't listen just kill them its their own fault. Don't be to robotic either. To often I see crap ct's come on and say stuff like 'When cells open take one step out take of your cell face the back and afk freeze.' And that's as far as they get before they are killed by a rebel.

I was like this once, commanding is something that is really difficult but once you get it it just sort of clicks. Want you want to do is speak clearly and confidentatly, i often find with a shy commander who mumbles and hesitates that I want to rebel.

You also want to be fast, as soon as the round starts you want to be giving your commands, no vent, dont leave you cell exctera, too often I find people choosing their gun for ages in the armoury before sayinig "oh yeah and dont knife vent please" By this time they are long gone.

Jesus Christ, this is me in a nutshell, follow this advice, this one is important, I find myself just wanting to switch the command to somebody else because I feel like I can't command, however, I do try. You should do the same too, create a server with no bots set on a jailbreak map, spectate, look at vents, different places for T's to hide, gun's etc.

It's what i find myself doing these day's, and if you have a problem with confidence, well just remember that you got other CT's (preferably decent ones :D) right behind you, if they're baiting T's & freekilling, I would recommend contacting an admin/member, or take a demo/screenshot and putting that on forums.

This is the advice from a Autistic New Kid, but trust me, take the stronger advice from the Older Posters :D.